Hiring Clinical Laboratory Scientist with Sign-On Bonus in White Plains, NY
Job Schedule: Full Time
Hours: Mon-Fri with rotating weekends and holidays
Sign On Bonus: Yes
Salary Range: $90,226.50-$115,966.50
Title: Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Department/Location: Department of Laboratories
FLSA Status: NE
Reports to: Section Laboratory Supervisor
- The Clinical Laboratory Scientist performs laboratory testing using both manual and automated techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Understands and adheres to the WPH performance standards, policies, and behaviors
- Laboratory testing personnel responsibilities include:
- Following the laboratory’s pre-analytic and analytic procedures and maintaining records of these tests
- Maintaining records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens
- Adhering to the laboratory’s quality assurance procedures, including documenting all:
- Quality control activities including quality control testing and calibration
- Instrument and equipment verifications
- Maintenance and preventative maintenance
- Follows laboratory policies and procedures when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
- Identifies and documents problems affecting test performance, notifying supervisors and documenting corrective actions.
- Ensures accuracy and quality of results in pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic testing phases.
- Notifies and documents critical values for clinicians and patient units, adhering to STAT turnaround time requirements.
- Participates in regulatory readiness for CAP, AABB, NYSDOH, and Joint Commission.
- Maintains 12 Continuing Education credits annually.
- Engages in standard operating procedures, proficiency testing, inspection audits, and quality program reporting.
- Evaluates test results for abnormalities and confirm per department protocols.
- Participates in validations, training, and competency assessments.
- Manages inventory, including lot numbers, expiration dates, labeling, and QC requirements.
- Completes all mandatory training and in-services as required.
- Performs assigned duties and maintains section testing training and competency assessments.
Sections are listed below:
- Generalists – performs Hematology, Coagulation, Chemistry/Immunology, Urinalysis, Microbiology, and Blood Bank specialties
- Chemistry/Immunology – Performs Chemistry, Specialized Chemistry, Immunology, Molecular, and Serology Testing
- Hematology – Performs Hematology, Coagulation, and Urinalysis testing
- Microbiology – Performs Bacteriology, Parasitology, Virology, Mycology, Mycobacteriology, Susceptibilities, and Molecular testing
- Blood Bank – Performs blood bank testing related to transfusion medicine and blood product distribution.
- Anatomic Pathology – Performs histological procedures for routine, specials stains, and immunohistochemistry
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Current NYS License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist required.
- Education in accordance with the NYS Office of Professions and CLIA requirements of testing personnel.
- Preferred with ASCP Certification.
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Troubleshooting skills
- Communication skills both verbal and written