Experienced Registered Nurse Clinical Coordinator Opportunity in White Plains, NY
Job Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 12PM - 10PM or 2PM - 12AM, Weekends & Holidays
Salary Range: $97,591.07- $146,386.70
- Responsible for patient flow and efficiency metrics and proactively supports thru-put metrics and assures the delivery of quality department/clinical services in accordance with established hospital and regulatory/accreditation agency standards on the off shift.
- Knowledgeable about all units and to the type of patient that each unit can accept, the type of equipment and medications that can be used or given on each unit.
- Works independently and is able to critically think to deal with a multitude of scenarios.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and collaborates with all departments.
- Uses a team approaches in all interactions and up holds and exemplifies the hospital behavioral standards.
- Maintains knowledge related to the operations of hospital, nursing department and strategic plan
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Responsible for patient throughput for all clinical areas in the hospital with focus on Emergency Department, PACU and Cardiac Cath Lab and achieve hospitals strategic goals.
- Responsible for the oversight of patient care for all admitting patients waiting for a bed this includes:
- Verifying correct admission order in Teletracking/tracking and trending of gaps
- Face to Face rounding on all admitted patients waiting for a bed
- Ensuring staffing coverage for hold patients in an outpatient bed.
- Oversight of the care team assigned to the holds (rounding on them, ensuring break coverage etc.)
- Teletracking super user.
- Responsible for occupied timer metric and hospital goal.
- Daily morning review of blocked beds for appropriateness and cohorting.
- Supervises all services to provide safe, efficient quality care, resolving clinical practice and personal issues on off shifts.
- Assists staff in understanding Hospital/Nursing policies and procedures.
- Provides clinical/technical support to staff.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels on assigned and subsequent shifts, based on budgeted staffing plan.
- Ensures compliance with state regulations and accreditation standards.
- Participates in educational programs to maintain current expertise.
- Engages in shared governance councils/taskforces to support the Magnet Culture.
- Adheres to safety standards for employees and patients
- Submits required work reports to Nurse Manager/Division Administrator.
- Collaborates with admitting for proper patient placement, reviewing teletracking bed requests.
- Maintains effective communication with charge nurses/managers regarding admissions, transfers, or discharges.
- Conducts walking rounds to identify available beds and improve throughput.
- Reviews constant observation requests and conducts face-to-face rounds for compliance.
- Responds to off-shift codes and supports rapid patient transport.
- Attends fire bells 24/7.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
Education & Experience Requirements :
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current New York registration.
- BSN required
- Knowledge of current nursing, medical and health trends and practices in rendering of patient care.
- CPR/ACLS/PALS certification is required.
- Minimum five years recent clinical nursing experience in an acute hospital.
- Demonstrates ability to establish two-way communication by clearly defining expectations, communicating utilizing a variety of methods, actively listening to ideas and concerns and responding in an appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate responsibilities appropriately.
- Demonstrates ability to retain composure under stress.