Clinical Coordinator | Maternal Child Health Float Pool | White Plains, NY
MCH Float Pool
Job Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 7PM - 7AM
Salary Range: $97,591.07-$146,386.70
Title: Clinical Coordinator
Department/Location: MCH Float/Maternal Child Health
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Nursing
- Under the direction of the Director of Nursing for Maternal Child Health (MCH), the Clinical Coordinator for MCH provides support and clinical leadership to ensure safe care through coordination and collaboration with department staff and leaders.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Adheres to WPH Performance Standards and Behaviors policy.
- Responsible for patient throughput in Maternal Child Health units (L&D, NICU, and Mother-Baby).
- Proactively supports efficiency metrics and quality services on off-shifts.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and excellent customer service skills.
- Collaborates with all departments, including physicians, using a team approach.
- Maintains knowledge related to division operations and supports hospital goals.
- Supervises services and provides clinical/technical support to staff.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels and compliance with regulations and standards.
- Attends educational programs to stay current in practice.
- Participates in shared governance councils/taskforces to support the Magnet Culture.
- Adheres to safety standards for employees and patients.
- Maintains effective communication with charge nurses/managers.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current New York registration.
- BSN required
- Knowledge of current nursing, medical and health trends and practices in rendering of patient care.
- CPR/ACLS/NRP certification is required.
- Minimum three years recent clinical nursing experience in OB.
- Demonstrates ability to establish two-way communication by clearly defining expectations, communicating utilizing a variety of methods, actively listening to ideas and concerns and responding in an appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate responsibilities appropriately.
- Demonstrates ability to retain composure under stress.