Hiring Chief Technologist - Cytotechnology | Full Time | White Plains, NY
Department: Lab Anatomic Pathology
Job Schedule: Full Time
Salary Range: $123,357.00-$158,632.50
Title: Chief Cytotechnologist
Department/Location: Department of Laboratories- Pathology
Reports to: Pathology Supervisor
FLSA Status: E
Position Summary :
- Receives body material, fluids, exudate, and scrapings, etc. and assists physicians with FNA procedures and collects specimens from patients.
- Examines and records classification of slides and presents slides with unusual cytomorphology to the Pathologist for further examination.
- Maintains record of all work performed in the Cytology section, e.g. NYS Department of Health requirements and annual statistics.
- Supervises Cytotechnologists assigns workload, develops schedules, prepares and maintains departmental records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Understands and adheres to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Assists in Cytology Aspiration procedures from various departments.
- Screens gynecological and non-gynecological cases in a timely manner.
- Signs out cases with the Pathologist as scheduled.
- Prepares, stains, and coverslips cytology specimens as needed.
- Labels and compares cytology stained slides against requisitions.
- Maintains equipment, supplies, and regulatory records.
- Schedules and supervises per diem coverage.
- Writes and revises SOPs for the policy manual.
- Submits quality control/quality assurance reports.
- Holds regular meetings with Laboratory Director and Administrator.
- Maintains CME log for section members.
- Interviews and writes competency reviews for cytotechnologists.
- Assists with performance appraisals and disciplinary actions.
- Orders and maintains an inventory of supplies.
- Participates in other departmental activities as directed.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- N.Y.S. license required.
- Bachelor of Science with ASCP Registry and/or Certified Cytology School Degree.
- 3 years minimum experience screening gynecological, and non-gynecological specimens and fine needle aspirations.
- Familiar with the Bethesda system for Cytology reporting.
- ThinPrep Certification
- Organized Adaptability
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance