Cardiovascular Technologist Position | Per Diem | White Plains, NY
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Hours: Minimum 2 shifts Per month, Monday-Friday, 8 AM-4 PM, Including weekends and holidays
Salary Range: $79,788.35 - $119,682.23
- Conducts color flow doppler, stress, and TEE echos. Conducts other non-invasive procedures such as EKG, and EEGs.
- Conducts color flow Doppler echos and stress echos following established protocols.
- Assists Cardiologist in TEE procedures.
- Submits high-quality echocardiograms within appropriate timelines.
- Identifies and conducts echos and other non-invasive testing with delegation (e.g., EKG, Holter).
- Proficient in using medical equipment (EKG, EEG) and office equipment (copy machine, fax, computer).
- Recognizes and reports equipment malfunctions.
- Maintains safety standards and follows infection control guidelines.
- Performs neat, accurate, and thorough clerical tasks, including appointment scheduling and charge entry.
- Participates in the performance improvement program.
- Demonstrates effective communication and collaboration with the hospital team.
- Conducts other non-invasive procedures.
- Recognizes and communicates abnormal echo findings promptly.
- Ability to interact with patients of all ages, from neonates to geriatric populations.
Education, Training, Licensure, and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited cardiovascular ultrasound program.
- Registered cardiac ultrasound technologist or ARDMS registry eligible.
- Two years of experience conducting echocardiograms.
- Experience in other non-invasive procedures.
- Successful completion of orientation program according to department guidelines.
- Must be able to speak, write, understand, and communicate the English language.
- Ability to communicate with patients and patient's family.
- Ability to communicate well with physicians, staff and all employees in the hospital.
- Retains composure under stress.