Full Time Registered Pharmacist Opportunity in White Plains, NY
Job Schedule: Full Time
Hours: Mon-Fri 4 PM-12 AM including Holidays. Weekends as Needed.
Salary Range: $111,376 - $167,066
- Under the general direction of the Director of Pharmacy Services, the Registered Pharmacist provides indirect patient care. The
- Registered Pharmacist works with nurses, peers, physicians and other members of the healthcare team in the delivery of pharmaceutical services to patients.
- The Registered Pharmacist reviews the patient's medication orders against the patient's medication profile in accordance with hospital and pharmacy philosophy, policies and procedures and standards
- The Registered Pharmacist demonstrates leadership/management skills and a commitment to customer service, professional accountability and growth
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Adhere to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Utilize the Pharmacy process to meet age-specific patient needs in medication education, safety, and patient rights.
- Monitor Infection Control methods and participate in PI and Risk Management programs.
- Make informed decisions through data collection, priority setting, and collaboration with the healthcare team.
- Demonstrate productivity through effective time management and commitment to self-development.
- Attend in-services, maintain licensure requirements, and accept constructive criticism for improvement.
- Cooperate with peers, respond well to change, and communicate effectively with the healthcare team.
- Show flexibility in staffing and assignments.
- Maintain a positive attitude and practice conflict resolution.
- Implement cost containment measures.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited school of Pharmacy with a minimum of a BS in Pharmacy
- Current New York registration.
- Successful completion of Hospital and Departmental Orientation Program, according to hospital and Pharmacy policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates the ability to establish two-way communication by clearly defining expectations, communicating utilizing a variety of methods, actively listening to ideas and concerns and responding in an appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates proficiency in pharmaceutical calculations
- Maintains department competencies
- Maintains required continuing education credits as required for licensure.
- Demonstrates the ability to act in a professional capacity and serve as a role model.
- Demonstrates ability to retains composure under stress