Registered Nurse Opportunity With Sign On Bonus $10,000 In White Plains, NY
Department : Nursing Float Pool
Job Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Day
Hours: 7am-7:15pm, 13 shift every 4 weeks/alt weekends/holidays
Salary Range: $105,216- $145,113
Sign On Bonus : $10,000
- The Registered Nurse provides direct patient care.
- The Registered Nurse collaborates with patients, family/significant others, peers, physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team in the delivery of healthcare services to patients.
- The Registered Nurse assesses the patient’s needs, plans care, implements and evaluates the medical and nursing regimens in accordance with the hospital and nursing philosophy, policies/procedures and standards.
- He or she demonstrates leadership skills and commitment to professional accountability and growth
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Adhere to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Utilize the nursing process to meet age-specific patient needs across all aspects of care.
- Make informed decisions and prioritize patient care and unit-based issues effectively.
- Collaborate and communicate with the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Incorporate patient rights and nursing ethics into their work practice.
- Follow infection control standards to ensure patient and staff safety.
- Comply with the Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals.
- Delegate tasks to ancillary staff within the State Nurse Practice Act guidelines.
- Follow the ANA Code of Nursing Ethics & Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Support and practice within the WPH Professional Nursing Practice Model.
- Contribute to sustaining and advancing the Magnet model.
- Participate in Performance Improvement initiatives.
- Fulfill competency requirements.
- Attend mandatory in-services and staff meetings as needed.
- Utilize cost containment practices.
- Assume Charge Nurse responsibility.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current New York registration
- Baccalaureate in Nursing (BSN) required for all external RNs hired on or after January 1st, 2018.
- All RNs hired on or after January 1st 2016 but before January 1st 2018, must have a minimum of a BSN or show evidence of enrollment and completion of BSN by January 1st, 2020.
- All RNs hired before January 1st 2016 must have BSN by January 1st, 2022.
- Knowledge of current nursing, medical and health trends and practices in rendering of patient care.
- One year of acute care nursing experience preferred for areas other than medical surgical or step-down
- BLS certification (through American Heart Association) is required.
- As of January 1st, 2017, ACLS certification (through American Heart Association) is required for all RNs, except for NICU and OR RNs.
- Current nurses will have 12 months to receive this certification (1/1/18). Current nurses on Mother/Baby will have until 1/1/19 to receive this certification.
- All newly hired, inexperienced nurses must receive this certification within 12 months.
- All newly hired, experienced nurses must receive this certification within 6 months.
- PALS certification (through American Heart Association) is required for all RNs working in the PACU, 5I Pediatrics, Emergency Department, Armonk Urgent Care and Ambulatory Surgery.
- All newly hired, inexperienced nurses must receive this certification within 12 months. All newly hired, experienced nurses must receive this certification within 6 months.
- NRP certification is required for all RNs working in the Mother-Baby unit, Labor & Delivery and NICU. All newly hired nurses to the NICU, L&D and the Mother-Baby unit must receive this certification within 6 months.
- Successful completion of Department and Unit Orientation Program.
- Teamwork & Adaptability
- Acts as a Professional Role Model
- Assessment Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to Detail
- Planning & Organizing
- Sound Problem-Solving, Judgment and Decision-Making Skills
- Stress Tolerance.