Full Time | Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (Varied Shift) | White Plains, NY
Department: Cardiac Catheterization Lab
Job Schedule: Full Time
Hours: Mon-Fri 10 AM - 8 PM, 16 shifts per month, OnCall
Salary Range: $79,788 - $119,682
- The Register Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist is a health care professional working under the direction of an Invasive Cardiologist and Nurse Manager.
- The utilization of specialized equipment assists in performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures resulting in accurate diagnosis and optimal treatment of heart disease while maintaining maximum patient safety and comfort.
- The primary roles of a Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist include setting up imaging equipment, patient monitoring, procedure documentation and equipment circulator.
- They are a scrub assistant who works in an environment with the application of ionizing radiation for Cardiac, Electrophysiology, and other Vascular procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Adhere to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Assist Invasive cardiologists with diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Prepare patients for cardiac/EP/peripheral procedures and provide intra-procedural and pre/post-procedural care.
- Set up procedure rooms for Cardiac, Electrophysiological, and Peripheral procedures.
- Obtain necessary equipment as per physician's preference.
- Assist Cardiologists in analytical calculations and interpretive measurements for diagnostic values.
- Utilize cost-effective patient care standards and guidelines.
- Interpret electrocardiogram and hemodynamic pressure tracings.
- Provide assistance and coverage to Cath Lab patients, including sheath removal and troubleshooting of IABP.
- Assist with electrophysiology procedures and device implants.
- Act as a preceptor for registered cardiovascular invasive specialist new hires and clinical internship students.
- Review and abstract patient information before, during, and after procedures.
- Record all procedural data in the departmental log accurately.
- Demonstrate proficiency in various catheter-based imaging modalities.
- Manage inventory, order supplies, and maintain par levels.
- Properly store and discard supplies according to infection control guidelines.
- Maintain surgical instruments and transported used equipment to Central Sterile Processing Department.
- Perform quality control activities on designated equipment.
- Inspect and report equipment malfunctions to the manager promptly.
- Assist with billing processes, policy preparation, and revise procedures.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor of Science Degree preferred
- Successful completion of scrub technician training program or hospital-based training program
- One-year scrub technician or cardiac technician experience preferred
- RCIS Certification required within 12 months of hire into position
- BLS, ACLS required
- Demonstrates excellent clinical judgment and ability to apply new concepts and skills in invasive cardiology
- Demonstrates responsibility for own professional development
- Teamwork & Adaptability
- Acts as a Professional Role Model
- Excellent Communication Skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Demonstrate a positive attitude in verbal and non-verbal communication and courteously communicates with patients and co-worker.
- Promotes a positive image of White Plains Hospital.
- Adheres to and demonstrates an awareness of hospital policies and procedures.
- Rules and regulations, including but not limited to absenteeism, cellular telephone usage, dress code and all other performance standards & behaviors