Reference Lab Processor MLW | Full Time(Evening Shift) | White Plains, NY
Department: Lab Chemistry
Job Schedule: Full Time
Hours: Tues- Sat
Salary Range: $36,814.05-$55,210.35
Title: Reference Lab Processor
FLSA Status: NE
Reports to: Chemistry/Immunology Supervisor
- Observes protocols and methods established by the Department of Laboratories, including the accessioning routine for proper identification and processing of such specimens.
- Performs other duties as assigned, in the chemistry department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Adhere to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services, completing competency requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a safe environment, using universal precautions.
- Obtain blood specimens using varied techniques on all age groups (where applicable).
- Be proficient in using the laboratory information system and hospital information system (where applicable).
- Process specimens for reference laboratories and troubleshoot lab problems with appropriate follow-up.
- Maintain reference lab and outstanding specimen logs, and stock inventory of supplies.
- Prepare and dispense 24-hour urine containers with proper preservatives.
- Make appropriate decisions independently and prioritize workload.
- Inform management of problems and maintain patient data confidentiality.
- Answer incoming calls for the chemistry department, routing them appropriately.
- Centrifuge samples for the Chemistry section.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Education: High School graduate or GED.
- Basic computer skills.
- In-service training on LIS and HIS computer systems
- Experience: Previous experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance