Pulmonary Function Technologist - Outpatient | Sign On Bonus | White Plains, NY
Department: WPH CAMS - Cardiology Testing
Job Schedule: Part Time
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8a-1pm, Varied
Sign On Bonus: $2,500
Salary Range: $63,3860-$95,090
- The Pulmonary Function Technologist tests patients' lung functions to determine lung function and related disorders.
- This may involve a variety of tests, including but not limited to, nitrous oxide levels, spirometry tests and flow volume loops.
- The Technologist may also administer walking or exercise stress tests to evaluate the effects of exercise on the pulmonary system.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Demonstrates knowledge of accepted standards, policies, procedures, staff responsibilities and instrumentation related to the provision of diagnostic pulmonary function testing.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the calibration and operation of laboratory equipment and performance of diagnostic pulmonary function testing.
- Demonstrates proficiency in patient assessment, clinical aerosol delivery and emergency management procedures related to performance of diagnostic pulmonary function testing.
- Provides appropriate instruction/education to patients, family members and physicians.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Associate degree or equivalent in respiratory care as recognized by the New York State Board for Respiratory Therapy
- New York State Respiratory Therapist license
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (RRT);
- CPFT or RPFT specialty credential preferred
- Computer competency, including basic understanding of, and ability to work with, Microsoft Windows-based pulmonary function software programs
- Must hold a current American Heart Association BLS
- NRP and ACLS are strongly recommended
- Demonstrate Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Able to understand and communicate (spoken/written) English
- Detailed orientated and possesses strong organizational skills
- Able to deal professionally and efficiently with all staff and levels of management and external customers
- Self-starter, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Flexible, organized and able to assess priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills