Hiring | Physical Therapist (Per Diem) | White Plains, NY
Department: PT Physical Medicine
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Hours: Minimum of 2 shifts per month
Salary Range: $83,239.46-$124,880.93
Position Summary :
- The Staff Physical Therapist practices physical therapy, encompassing evaluation, treatment, and prevention of disability, injury, disease, or other health conditions.
- This includes utilizing physical, chemical, and/or mechanical means, such as heat, cold, light, air, water, sound, electricity, massage, mobilization, and therapeutic exercise, both with and without assistive devices.
- The role also involves performing and interpreting tests and measurements to assess pathophysiological, pathomechanical, and developmental deficits of human systems, contributing to treatment and aiding in diagnosis and prognosis.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Understand and adhere to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Perform physical therapy evaluations and treatment procedures upon physician's referral.
- Develop and modify treatment plans as necessary; participate in discharge planning.
- Conduct regular assessments and modify program goals when needed.
- Administer oxygen to patients during treatment sessions under the orders of a qualified provider.
- Note the possible need for other services and collaborate with other professionals and physicians.
- Utilize diverse treatment techniques and skills for various disabilities.
- Maintain up-to-date records of each patient's treatment and progress, performing timely re-evaluations.
- Schedule patients' sessions and arrange for coverage during absences.
- Instruct patients in the use and care of equipment and apparatus.
- Direct and supervise the activities of Physical Medicine Technicians, students, and volunteers.
- Maintain department equipment and reported defects immediately to supervisors.
- Coordinate therapeutic programs and maintain communication with other health-related departments and physicians.
- Demonstrate and teach physical therapy techniques to students.
- Participate in quality assessment and suggest improvements as needed.
- Attend department meetings, conferences, and relevant courses.
- Accept rotations in assignments to bedside care and outpatient clinic.
- Instruct families on patient care needs and management prior to discharge.
- Provide information regarding billing for services and equipment.
- Determine equipment needs for patients and the department.
- Maintain and carry out procedures for departmental records and statistics.
- Attend mandatory in-service programs at the hospital.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited college program in Physical Therapy. B.A./B.S. in Physical Therapy or higher degree.
- Licensure: New York State license or eligibility for a license.
- Experience: Successful completion of orientation program according to department guidelines.
- Qualifications: Ability to interact with others in a constructive manner. Ability to promote the availability of quality in-services to staff.
- Ability to interact with and treat adults and seniors. Open to treating infants, children and adolescents as requested within professional ability level.
- Certification: BLS (through the American Heart Association) required within 6 months of hire. Existing employees will have until 1/1/2023 to obtain BLS.
- Clinical proficiency
- Ability to multi-task
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Judgment and Decision-making Stress tolerance
- Problem-solving skills