Patient Care Technician-Operating Room | Per Diem | White Plains, NY
Department: 226 Amb Surg
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Hours: Mon-Fri 9 AM-5 PM
Salary Range: $36,814.05-$55,210.35
Position Summary :
- The Patient Care Technician performs patient and non-patient functions under the direction of the Registered Professional Nurse.
- Duties include but are not limited to transport of patients into and from the Operating Room, assisting with positioning of patients, assisting with the turnover of the OR room by bringing in and removing equipment from the OR rooms, stocking supplies in the OR rooms and maintaining orderliness of supplies and equipment in the OR storage areas, retrieves ordered medications from pharmacy and blood from blood bank, assists in picking cases, reports any equipment in need of repair to the appropriate persons, performs clerical duties and all other duties as assigned
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Understand and adhere to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Perform assigned tasks in accordance with policies and procedures outlined in the job summary.
- Integrate patients' rights into their work practices.
- Utilize up-to-date methods of infection control.
- Participate in Performance Improvement Initiatives.
- Employ appropriate decision-making processes, recognizing and prioritizing patient care and unit-based issues.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with the healthcare team.
- Fulfill competency requirements.
- Attend mandatory in-services and staff meetings as required/requested.
- Utilize practices that contain costs effectively.
- Adhere to all WPHC policies and procedures, including dress code, code of conduct, customer service, and attendance guidelines.
- Perform other assigned duties as needed.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/Equivalency
- Previous experience in a hospital or with patient care preferred
- Ability to act in a professional capacity and serve as a role model.
- Retains composure under stress.
- Communicates effectively (written and verbal) in English