Full Time Ultrasound Technologist Outpatient | Sign On Bonus - $10,000 | Opportunity in White Plains, NY
Department: WPH CAMS - Womens Imaging
Job Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day, Evening
Hours: Mon -Fri 8 AM -4 PM, 9 AM -5 PM , Days 11 AM -7 PM
Sign On Bonus: $10,000
Salary Range: $79,788.35-$119,682.23
- Performs routine and some special procedure imaging, diagnostic and medical sonograms.
- Prepares patient for procedures.
- Assists Radiologists when needed.
- Prepares, operates and cares for the equipment being used.
- Develops/processes films when needed.
- Adheres to established radiology “standards of care”. Obtains appropriate continuing education.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned areas and duties.
- Adheres to hospital-wide customer service programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned such as quality assurance.
- Exercises professional judgment in the performance of procedures.
- Provides patient care.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Adheres to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Prepares and positions patients correctly for specific examinations, ensuring proper documentation.
- Assumes responsibilities for designated areas and produces good technical images.
- Assists physicians during procedures as necessary.
- Performs equipment quality assurance, calibrations, and orders supplies.
- Works on-call, holidays, and various shifts to ensure department coverage.
- Maintains cleanliness of work areas and reports equipment issues.
- Processes films or prints pictures when needed.
- Handles routine office duties and patient information using hospital systems.
- Coordinates patient transport to/from floors.
- Communicates radiologist reports to attending physicians and documents interactions.
- May serve as an instructor or preceptor.
- Demonstrates professional and courteous behavior, educating patients and families about examinations.
- Provides specialized care for the diverse patient population
Education& Experience Requirements:
- High school Diploma/GED required.
- Satisfactory completion of a certified ultrasound program or Limited Permit/certificate.
- (ARDMS eligibility after 1 year from graduation and 1000 clinical hours).
- Experience preferred.
- Must meet continuing education requirements to maintain certification.
- ARDMS is required for ACR accreditation compliance after January 1, 2019
- BLS certification through the (AHA) American Heart Association is required or must be completed with 90 days of hire.
- Must be able to speak, write, understand and communicate the English language.
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Judgment and decisions making skills
- stress tolerance.