Senior Ultrasound Technologist | Sign On Bonus $10,000 | White Plains, NY
Department: Radiology Ultrasound
Job Schedule: Full Time
Hours: Mon - Fri 8 AM -4 PM, Weekends/Holidays as Needed
Sign On Bonus: $10,000
Salary Range: $83,239 - $124,880
- Works under the direct supervision of the Radiology Administrator and /or designee.
- Performs routine and some special procedure imaging using Ultrasound guidance. Prepares patient for procedures.
- Assists radiologists when needed.
- Prepares, operates and cares for the equipment being used.
- Processes film or prints CDs when needed.
- Adheres to established radiology Standards of Care/Code of Conduct.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned areas and duties.
- Adheres to hospital-wide customer service programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as quality assurance.
- Exercises professional judgment in performance of procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Prepares and positions patients correctly for specific examinations, ensuring proper documentation.
- Assumes responsibilities for designated areas and produces high-quality technical images.
- Assists physicians during procedures as necessary.
- Performs equipment quality assurance, calibrations, and orders supplies.
- May work in emergencies and cover various shifts to maintain departmental coverage.
- Maintains cleanliness of work areas and reports equipment issues.
- Processes images or prints CDs when needed.
- Handles routine office duties and patient information using hospital systems.
- Coordinates patient transport to/from floors.
- Communicates radiologist reports to attending physicians and documents interactions.
- May serve as an instructor or preceptor.
- Demonstrates professional and courteous behavior, educating patients and families about examinations.
- Provides specialized care for diverse patient populations.
- Attends staff meetings and in-services, and performs related duties as required.
- Prepares schedules, maintains time sheets, and handles payroll.
- Manages daily patient flow and departmental tasks.
- On standby/call for emergency department coverage.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education& Experience Requirements:
- ARDMS required for ACR accreditation compliance after January 1, 2019, or ARRT (s) or RT (VS)
- Experience preferred.
- Must meet continuing education requirements to maintain certification.
- BLS certification through the (AHA) American Heart Association is required or must be completed with 90 days of hire.
- Must be able to speak, write, understand and communicate the English language.
- Retain composure under stress
- Teamwork & Adaptability
- Acts as a Professional Role Model
- Assessment Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to Detail
- Planning & Organizing
- Sound Problem-Solving, Judgment and Decision-Making Skills
- Stress Tolerance