Senior Mammography Technologist Opportunity With Sign On Bonus $10,000 In White Plains, NY
Department: Radiology Breast Imaging
Job Schedule: Full Time
Hours: Mon - Fri 8 AM-4 PM/9 AM -5 PM
Sign On Bonus: $10,000
Salary Range: $91,186 - $133,443
- Performs a variety of routine and more specialized breast imaging procedures, requiring independent judgment and ingenuity with minimal supervision.
- Assists the Breast Imaging Manager in directing the workforce.
- Assists in maintaining the Quality Assurance program and adhering to regulatory guidelines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Adheres to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Coordinates resources and staff for efficient, safe, and quality patient care.
- Ensures compliance with institutional/departmental policies, quality initiatives, and regulations.
- Manages day-to-day activities and workflow for front desk, Mammography, Breast MRI, and Ultrasound staff.
- Handles staff schedules and ensures proper coverage across all shifts.
- Prioritizes and delegates tasks to meet workload requirements.
- Supports onboarding, training, and development of new staff.
- Conducts mid-year and annual reviews for direct reports.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to staff and escalates issues as needed.
- Communicates and educates staff on new processes within the department.
- Collaborates with physicians and nurses for proper scheduling and patient flow.
- Rounds on patients to monitor wait times and address concerns.
- Performs service recovery for patient complaints and concerns.
- Collaborates on patient satisfaction initiatives with departmental leaders.
- Audits staff positioning and productivity to ensure high-quality imaging.
- Performs all breast imaging procedures and advanced techniques.
- Ensures radiation protection and patient immobilization per safety standards.
- Assists during Interventional Breast Biopsy procedures.
- Conducts quality control checks on imaging equipment.
- Adheres to DOH, JCAHO, MQSA, and ACR standards.
- Assists with ACR equipment accreditation submissions.
- Manages downtime procedures for computer systems.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Maintains a professional image and adheres to dress code policies.
- Adapts duties and hours based on departmental needs.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- The Radiologic Technologist must be a graduate of an allied health education and accredited radiography school or hospital base program.
- NYS DOH license is required, ARRT(R)(M).
- Previous lead or supervisory experience is required.
- Advanced ARRT Certification preferred; CT, MRI, ARDMS or NMTCB.
- Continuing education requirements need to be upheld to meet standards set forth by governing bodies.
- Current standards are 24 ECE credits over a two-year period.
- BLS certification through the (AHA) American Heart Association is required or must be completed within 90 days of hire.
- Radiation dose pledge completed for both Image Wisely/Image Gently through the American College of Radiology (ACR), either during the orientation period or before the end of the probationary period.
- Demonstration of strong leadership qualities and exceptional interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to speak, write, understand, and communicate the English language.
- Retain composure under stress
- Teamwork & Adaptability
- Acts as a Professional Role Model
- Assessment Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to Detail
- Planning & Organizing
- Sound Problem-Solving, Judgment and Decision-Making Skills
- Stress Tolerance