Radiologic Mammography Technologist - Outpatient (Per Diem) | Sign On Bonus | White Plains, NY
Department: WPH CAMS - Women Imaging
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Sign On Bonus: $10,000
Salary Range: $73,326 -$109,989
- Will work under the supervision of the Radiology administrator and/or designee.
- Performs routine and some special procedure imaging. Prepares patient for procedures.
- Assists radiologists when needed. Prepares, operates and cares for the equipment being used.
- Adheres to established radiology “standards of care”.
- Applies principles of radiation protection, when appropriate to minimize exposure to patient, self and others.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned areas and duties.
- Adheres to practice-wide customer service programs. Performs other duties as assigned, such as quality assurance.
- Performs diagnostic and some special procedure medical radiographic images utilizing radiologic assistance.
- Exercises professional judgment in the performance of procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Adheres to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Prepares and positions patients for specific examinations, ensuring proper documentation.
- Assumes responsibilities for designated procedures, producing high-quality technical images.
- Assists physicians during procedures as necessary.
- Performs equipment quality assurance, calibrations, and orders supplies.
- May work holidays, overtime, and various shifts to maintain outpatient facility coverage.
- Maintains cleanliness of work areas and reports equipment issues.
- Processes film/images or prints CDs as needed.
- Handles routine office tasks, including patient check-ins and obtaining previous reports/films.
- Communicates radiologist reports to attending physicians and documents interactions.
- May serve as an instructor or preceptor.
- Demonstrates professional and courteous behavior, educating patients and families about examinations.
- Provides specialized care for diverse patient populations.
- Performs other related duties as required, and attends staff meetings and in-services.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- The Mammographer must be a graduate of allied health education and accredited radiography school or hospital-based program.
- NY State DOH Licensure or Limited Permit required.
- ARRT registered (RT).
- Passing advanced Mammo examination /certification preferred or within 1 year from the date of hire.
- Including 40 hours of training in mammography including anatomy and physiology, QA/QC and 25 Mammo exams under direct supervision by an MQSA individual during the orientation process.
- Continuing education requirements need to be upheld to meet the standards set forth by governing bodies.
- Current standards are 24 ECE credits over a two-year period depending on the year of birth.
- 15 category 1 CEU in mammo in a 36-month period.
- BLS certification through the (AHA) American Heart Association is required or must be completed with 90 days of hire.
- Radiation dose pledges for both Image Gently and Image Wisely through the American College of Radiology (ACR) will be performed during the orientation process and before end of the probationary period.
- Must be able to speak, write, understand, and communicate the English language.
- Retain composure under stress
- Teamwork & Adaptability
- Acts as a Professional Role Model
- Assessment Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to Detail
- Planning & Organizing
- Sound Problem-Solving, Judgment and Decision-Making Skills
- Stress Tolerance