Hiring MRI Technologist - Outpatient(Per Diem) | Sign-on bonus | White Plains, NY
Department: WPH CAMS - MRI
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Hours: MON 11 AM-7 PM , SAT 8 AM-4 PM
Sign On Bonus: $2,500 Sign-on Bonus
Salary Range: $79,788.35 - $119,682.23
- Performs routine and some special procedure imaging.
- Prepares patient for procedures.
- Assists radiologists when needed.
- Prepares, operates and cares for the equipment being used.
- Adheres to established standards of care. Pursues appropriate continuing education.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned areas and duties. Adheres to established customer service programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as quality assurance.
- Exercises professional judgments in the performance of procedures.
- Provides patient care.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Understand and adhere to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Prepare and position patients correctly for specific examinations, ensuring proper documentation.
- Assume responsibilities for designated areas and produce high-quality technical images.
- Assist physicians during procedures as necessary.
- Perform quality assurance and calibrations as needed.
- Work during emergency procedures or as required.
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas, equipment, and accessories, reporting malfunctions promptly.
- Handle patient CD printing as needed.
- Perform routine office duties and document information using EMR and PACS systems.
- Notify front desk staff upon exam completion.
- Facilitate communication with radiologists and attending physicians, including STAT readings.
- May serve as an instructor or preceptor.
- Educate patients and family members regarding their ordered examination.
- Provide care based on age and psychosocial aspects of patient populations.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education& Experience Requirements:
- Must graduate from an accredited radiography school or hospital-based program.
- The technologist must be certified by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT), ARMRIT becomes ARRT MR certified within 1 year of the hire date.
- Continuing education requirements need to be upheld to meet the standards set forth by governing bodies.
- Current standards are 24 ECE credits over a two-year period depending on the year of birth.
- BLS certification through the (AHA) American Heart Association is required or must be completed with 90 days of hire.
- IV certification preferred or by completion of 6-month orientation.
- MRI safety certification level 2 is required yearly
- Must be able to speak, write, understand and communicate the English language.
- Retain composure under stress
- Teamwork & Adaptability
- Acts as a Professional Role Model
- Assessment Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to Detail
- Planning & Organizing
- Sound Problem-Solving, Judgment and Decision-Making Skills
- Stress Tolerance