Per Diem Radiologic Technologist Opportunity With Sign On Bonus in White Plains, NY
Department: Radiology Diagnostic
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Hours: Varied shifts, Evenings varied , weekends and holidays
Salary Range: $73,326.24-$109,989.36
Sign On Bonus: $2,500
- The Radiologic Technologist will work under the supervision of the Radiology Administrator and/or designee.
- Performs routine and some special procedure imaging. Prepares patient for procedures. Assists radiologists when needed.
- Prepares, operates and cares for the equipment being used. Develops/processes film/CDs when needed. Adheres to established radiology “standards of care”.
- Applies principles of radiation protection, when appropriate to minimize exposure to patient, self and others.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned areas and duties. Adheres to practice-wide customer service programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as quality assurance. Performs diagnostic and some special procedure medical radiographic images. Exercises professional judgment in the performance of procedures.
- Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Adhere to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Prepare and position patients accurately for specific examinations with proper documentation.
- Take responsibility for designated areas, producing high-quality technical images, and assisting physicians during procedures.
- Perform equipment Quality assurance, calibrations, and maintain supplies.
- Be flexible with work hours for adequate coverage, including holidays and overtime.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, equipment, and report malfunctions.
- Process images and perform routine office tasks as needed.
- Communicate reports to attending physicians and provide clinical instructions to students.
- Demonstrate professionalism, courtesy, and educate patients about ordered examinations.
- Possess knowledge and skills for different patient populations, from neonate to geriatric.
- Attend staff meetings, in-services, and perform related duties as required.
Education & Experience Requirements
- The Radiologic Technologist must be a graduate of an allied health education and accredited radiography school or hospital-based program.
- NY State DOH Licensure or Limited Permit required. ARRT registered (RT) and radiograph (R).
- Continuing education requirements need to be upheld to meet the standards set forth by governing bodies. Current standards are 24 ECE credits over a two-year period depending on the year of birth.
- DOH IV certification preferred or by completion of 6-month orientation.
- BLS certification through the (AHA) American Heart Association is required or must be completed with 90 days of hire.
- Radiation dose pledges for both Image Gently and Image Wisely through the American College of Radiology (ACR) will be performed during the orientation process and before end of the probationary period.
Core Core Competencies
- Retain composure under stress.
- Teamwork & Adaptability.
- Acts as a Professional Role Model.
- Assessment Skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills (both verbal and written).
- Attention to Detail.
- Planning & Organizing.
- Sound Problem-Solving, Judgment and Decision-Making Skills.
- Stress Tolerance.