Cat Scan Technologist (Per Diem) | Sign On Bonus | White Plains, NY
Department: Radiology Cat Scan
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Sign On Bonus: $2,500 Sign-on Bonus
Salary Range: $79,788.35-$119,682.23
- Performs routine and some special procedure imaging. Prepares patient for procedures.
- Assists radiologists. Prepares, operates and cares for the equipment being used.
- Processes images /CDs when needed. Adheres to established radiology standards of care.
- Applies principles of radiation protection, when appropriate to minimize exposure to patient, self and others.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned areas and duties. Adheres to hospital-wide customer service programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as quality assurance. Performs diagnostic and some special procedure medical radiographic images utilizing CAT scan equipment.
- Exercises professional judgment in the performance of procedures
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Understand and adhere to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Prepare and position patients correctly for specific examinations, ensuring proper documentation and image quality.
- Assist physicians during procedures as needed.
- Perform equipment quality assurance and notify senior staff of supply needs.
- Work flexibly, including on-call, holidays, and various shifts, to ensure adequate department coverage.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, equipment, and accessories, reporting malfunctions promptly.
- Process images and perform routine office duties.
- Provide professional and courteous care, following hospital behavioral standards.
- Demonstrate proficiency in caring for patients of different age groups.
- Perform New York State and ACR quality assurance tasks and calibrations.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services as required.
- Adapt to changing department or hospital needs.
- Be aware of department-specific protocols and policies.
- Serve as an instructor or preceptor as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- The CAT Scan Technologist must be a graduate of allied health education and accredited radiography school or hospital-based program.
- NY State DOH Licensure or Limited Permit required. ARRT registered (RT) and radiograph
- (R) and or (CT) certified and/or NMTCB registered (CNMT), and documented training and experience in operating CT equipment and radiation physics and protection.
- Passing advanced CT examination /certification within 1 year from the date of hire.
- Continuing education requirements need to be upheld to meet the standards set forth by governing bodies.
- Current standards are 24 ECE credits over a two-year period depending on the year of birth.
- DOH IV certification preferred or by completion of 6-month orientation.
- BLS certification through the (AHA) American Heart Association is required or must be completed within 90 days of hire.
- Radiation dose pledges for both Image Gently and Image Wisely through the American College of Radiology (ACR) will be performed during the orientation process and before the end of the probationary period.
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Judgment and decisions making skills
- Stress tolerance