Unit Leader Registered Nurse(Evening Shift) Opportunity in White Plains, NY
Department: Nursing 5E Surgical Unit
Job Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 4 10-hour shifts a week, alternating 10 AM - 8 PM, 12 PM - 10 PM, and 2 PM - 12 AM, alternating weekends & holidays
Salary Range: $105,216- $145,113
- The Unit Leader plays a key role in supporting the bedside nurse to provide safe patient care and to achieve organizational, departmental, and individual goals.
- In collaboration with the Nurse Manager the Unit Leader incorporates leadership and communication skills to be an effective change agent on the unit.
- Supporting the mission of WPH and the nursing division, the Unit Leader acts as a role model demonstrating sound time management, conflict resolution, and delegation skills.
- The Unit Leader acts as a liaison between management, staff, physicians, patients and families, ancillary staff, and other departments.
- The Unit Leader leads by example and holds staff accountable to provide safe patient care and a high level of patient satisfaction.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
In collaboration with the Nurse Manager & Asst. Nurse Manager, the Unit Leader:
- Adhere to WPH Performance Standards, Policies, and Behaviors.
- Ensure quality and safe patient care following hospital, regulatory, and evidence-based nursing standards.
- Serve as a positive role model, providing coaching, mentoring, and problem-solving for staff.
- Develop and monitor unit-based quality and Performance Improvement initiatives.
- Provide flexible scheduling and clinical leadership based on unit needs.
- Manage unit budget and allocate nursing staff and resources accordingly.
- Collaborate with the healthcare team to deliver age-appropriate patient care.
- Implement evidence-based nursing practices and develop Nursing Standards and protocols.
- Participate in patient care assignments as needed.
- Ensure staff's participation in education, shared governance, and annual competencies.
- Participate in task forces, committees, or projects as assigned.
- Maintain a safe patient care environment in compliance with accrediting and regulatory standards.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration and maintain high patient satisfaction scores.
- Create action plans to improve patient and nursing satisfaction.
- Support organization-based initiatives and projects.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Current NY State License
- All RNs hired in 2016 or later must have a minimum of a Baccalaureate in Nursing (BSN) or show evidence of enrollment and completion of a BSN by 2020
- Knowledge of current nursing, medical and health trends and practices in rendering patient care.
- One year of acute care nursing experience is preferred for areas other than medical surgical or step-down
- BCLS certification is required.
- ACLS certification is required for all RNs working in ICU, CCU, CCL, 4F, and 3F, PACU, Emergency Department, Ambulatory Surgery and Endoscopy.
- All newly hired, inexperienced nurses must receive this certification within 18 months. All newly hired, experienced nurses must receive this certification within 9 months.
- PALS certification is required for all RNs working in the PACU, 5I Pediatrics, Emergency Department and Ambulatory Surgery.
- All newly hired, inexperienced nurses must receive this certification within 18 months.
- All newly hired, experienced nurses must receive this certification within 9 months.
- NRP certification is required for all RNs working in the Mother-Baby unit, Labor & Delivery and NICU.
- All newly hired nurses to the NICU, L&D and the Mother-Baby unit must receive this certification within 6 months.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of management skills
- Previous management/leadership experience preferred
- 2 years of previous clinical experience in the area of unit concentration preferred
- Ability to function as staff RN
- Demonstrates excellence in clinical skills
- Teamwork & Adaptability
- Acts as a Professional Role Model
- Assessment Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to Detail
- Planning & Organizing
- Sound Problem-Solving, Judgment and Decision-Making Skills
- Stress Tolerance