Hiring Respiratory Therapist (Per Diem) in White Plains, NY
Department: Respiratory Therapy
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Hours: Varied, Minimum 2 Shifts/Month ( 12 hrs per shift)
Salary Range: $67,699.52 - $101,549
- The Respiratory Therapist provides all aspects of respiratory therapy to both in-patients and outpatients.
- They will collaborate with patients, family/significant others, peers, physicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- The Respiratory Therapist assesses the patient’s respiratory needs, plans care, and implements and evaluates respiratory therapy in accordance with hospital philosophy, policies/procedures and standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors
- Initiation and monitoring of mechanical ventilation; invasive and non-invasive.
- Conducts various types of breathing therapy and patient assessment.
- Performs postural drainage, percussion and bronchial hygiene techniques.
- Performs bedside pulmonary function.
- Carries out blood gas puncture and analysis, blood gas analyzer operator maintenance and quality control.
- Responds to cardiac arrest and Rapid Response situations. Performs CPR.
- After demonstrating competency will be certified in emergency endotracheal intubation of adult patients.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must be a graduate of an approved program of Respiratory Therapy.
- Must hold a current and valid New York State Respiratory Therapy license. Credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Must hold a current BLS/CPR certification.
- NRP and ACLS are strongly recommended
- Should possess effective communication and decision-making skills.
- Should be organized and able to prioritize tasks.
- Must be detail-oriented, show good judgment and have the ability to work independently.