Full Time Registered Nurse with Sign-on Bonus In White Plains, NY
Department : Nursing Float Pool
Job Schedule : Full Time
Shift : Night
Hours: 7pm-7:15pm, 13 shifts in 4 weeks, alt weekends and holidays
Salary Range: $105,216- $145,113
Sign On Bonus : $10,000
- The Registered Nurse provides direct patient care.
- The Registered Nurse collaborates with patients, family/significant others, peers, physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team in the delivery of healthcare services to patients.
- The Registered Nurse assesses the patient’s needs, plans care, implements and evaluates the medical and nursing regimens in accordance with the hospital and nursing philosophy, policies/procedures and standards.
- He or she demonstrates leadership skills and commitment to professional accountability and growth.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors.
- Utilizes the nursing process to meet the age specific needs of the patient in all aspects of care: biophysical, psychosocial, education, safety/ environment and discharge planning
- Utilizes appropriate steps in the decision making process to include recognition and priority setting related to patient care and unit-based issues. Addresses issues with appropriate actions
- Collaborates and communicates with the interdisciplinary health care team
- Integrates patient rights and nursing ethics into work practice
- Adheres to infection control standards to reduce the risk of nosocomial infections to patient and staff.
- Adheres to the tenets of the Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals
- Delegates activities to ancillary staff as it relates to the State Nurse Practice Act
- Adheres to the ANA Code of Nursing Ethics & Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice
- Supports, promotes, and practices within the WPH Professional Nursing Practice Model
- Sustains and advances the Magnet model
- Participates in the Performance Improvement initiatives
- Completes competency requirements
- Attends mandatory in-services
- Attends staff meetings as required/requested
- Utilizes cost containment practices
- Assumes Charge Nurse responsibility
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current New York registration
- Baccalaureate in Nursing (BSN) required for all external RNs hired on or after January 1st, 2018.
- All RNs hired on or after January 1st 2016 but before January 1st 2018, must have a minimum of a BSN or show evidence of enrollment and completion of BSN by January 1st, 2020.
- All RNs hired before January 1st 2016 must have BSN by January 1st, 2022.
- Knowledge of current nursing, medical and health trends and practices in rendering of patient care.
- One year of acute care nursing experience preferred for areas other than medical surgical or step-down
- BLS certification (through American Heart Association) is required.
- As of January 1st, 2017, ACLS certification (through American Heart Association) is required for all RNs, except for NICU and OR RNs. Current nurses will have 12 months to receive this certification (1/1/18).
- Current nurses on Mother/Baby will have until 1/1/19 to receive this certification.
- All newly hired, inexperienced nurses must receive this certification within 12 months. All newly hired, experienced nurses must receive this certification within 6 months.
- PALS certification (through American Heart Association) is required for all RNs working in the PACU, 5I Pediatrics, Emergency Department, Armonk Urgent Care and Ambulatory Surgery.
- All newly hired, inexperienced nurses must receive this certification within 12 months.
- All newly hired, experienced nurses must receive this certification within 6 months.
- NRP certification is required for all RNs working in the Mother-Baby unit, Labor & Delivery and NICU.
- All newly hired nurses to the NICU, L&D and the Mother-Baby unit must receive this certification within 6 months.
- Successful completion of Department and Unit Orientation Program.
- Teamwork & Adaptability
- Acts as a Professional Role Model
- Assessment Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to Detail
- Planning & Organizing
- Sound Problem-Solving, Judgment and Decision-Making Skills
- Stress Tolerance