Certified Surgical Technologist needed ASAP | Operating Room | Austin, TX
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2023
Department: CST- OR/SURGERY (701)
Shift: 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- We are looking for a devoted and skilled Contract Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) to work as a backfill in our Operating Room (OR) - Surgery department.
- Provide vital support in surgical procedures, ensuring adherence to aseptic techniques.
- Prepare and organize the operating room with sterile instruments and equipment.
- Collaborate closely with surgical teams to anticipate and fulfill their needs during procedures.
- Pass surgical instruments and supplies to surgeons with precision.
- Maintain a sterile surgical field throughout procedures.
- Monitor and document surgical counts of instruments and supplies.
- Assist in patient transportation to and from the operating room.
- Adhere to strict infection control protocols and safety standards.
- Contribute to the efficient workflow in the Operating Room.
- Uphold compliance with hospital policies and surgical best practices.
- Certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) is required.
- Prior experience as a Surgical Technologist is preferred.
- Proficiency in aseptic techniques and surgical procedures.
- Strong knowledge of surgical instruments and equipment.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced surgical environment.