Registered Nurse | Postpartum-Mother/Baby Unit | Odessa, TX
Odessa, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2023
Rate: $53 Rapid Response Rate!
- Currently seeking a Postpartum nurse for a facility located in Odessa, Texas.
- Essential requirement: Minimum of 2 years of experience in the current field.
- Mandatory certifications include STABLE, Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), Basic Life Support (BLS), and Basic Fetal Monitoring.
- Preferred qualification: Prior travel nursing experience.
- The position offers guaranteed hours, alternating between 36 and 48 hours per week.
- Overtime (OT) compensation applies after exceeding 40 hours.
- This is a Level 2 Teaching Facility.
- It comprises 29 beds designated for postpartum care and 14 beds for labor and delivery.
- The facility employs the Cerner charting system.
- The Nurse-to-Patient (RN:PT) ratio is set at 1:6.
- The unit practices Couplet Care, which includes caring for infants, including the administration of antibiotics to well newborns.
- In addition to postpartum and labor & delivery patients, the unit also handles Gynecological surgeries and Antepartum patients.
- While not mandatory, candidates with a basic knowledge of caring for pregnant women and post-surgical care are preferred.
***COVID-19 vaccine required. Religious and Medical exemptions will be considered per hospital policy***