Cardiac Cath Lab RN | Staten Island, NY
The Cath/EP Lab Nurse uses the Nursing process to plan, implement, direct and evaluate patient care to achieve optimal patient outcomes. S/he is responsible for the general nursing activities in the Cardiac Cath/EP Lab and IR Unit providing quality patient care. S/he is expected to assist with the planning and presentation of departmental in-services as needed.
- Minimum 3 year critical care experience required, CCU experience preferred
- The candidate in this position will work in Cath Lab procedures, EP procedures, peripheral vascular procedures as well as Interventional Radiology procedures in all phases: Pre, Intra and Post op
- Orientation and training in all these areas will be provided
- Candidate must be able to wear lead aprons though out the procedure when required
- On call is for STEMI as well as the LVO neuro IR procedures and at times dual call for these 2 procedures is required
- Further information will be given during interview process.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Possess the ability to work as member of a team or independently as the needs require and to prioritize responsibilities
- On Call is mandatory for this position
- Current RN license required
- BLS & ACLS certification required
- Graduate from an accredited school required
- BSN preferred