Registered Nurse | Mother and Baby (MBU) | Brooklyn | NY
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
We are hiring for MBU (Mother Baby Unit) of postparatum mothers and their babies,GYN and Antepartum. The nurses joining team are expected to have empathy and possess passion.
- The Registered Nurse implements professional nursing practice centered on the patient as a whole person and the creation of a caring environment focused on healing and wellness.
- Employee honors patients 'mind, body, and spirit by respecting human dignity and the uniqueness of each individual.
- Nursing practices are based on evidence and current research as well as hospital and department policies and procedures, regulatory standards, and professional guidelines.
- Clinical decision-making incorporates all four phases of the nursing process, critical thinking, and creativity. Nursing excellence is promoted through helping relationships among nursing staff and across other disciplines.
- The Registered Nurse is an exemplar for compassion, acceptance, respect, and empathy honoring nursing as a distinct discipline and supporting an environment focused on healing and wellness.
- As a clinical nurse, this individual spends majority of his/her time (> 50%) coordinating, ensuring, and providing direct patient care activities on the unit through: provision of nursing rounds, assessments, and treatments; facilitating admission, transfer, and discharge activities; provision of patient and family-centered education; care coordination and individualized treatment planning as applicable, etc.
- The candidate must have Bachelor Science in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
- Possess minimum two years of postpartum experience.
- Current RN NY state license
- Flexible for day/night and weekend shifts