High Paying | Endoscopy RN | Post Anesthesia | Brooklyn | NY
About the role:
An Endoscopy Registered Nurse’s duties range from pre -and intraprocedural interventions to immediate postprocedural assessment, care of equipment, specimen handling, and documentation.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an ongoing systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, cognitive and cultural diversity of the patient.
- Responsible for supervising and directing patient care in the endoscopy suite while ensuring proper techniques are used.
- Ensures patient identification by checking patient identifiers. Verifies procedure, consent, NPO status, and any allergies.
- Communicates data collected with other health care team members participating in the patient’s care to ensure a completed Pre-Procedure Verification Checklist.
- Collaborates as appropriate with proceduralist and other members of the multidisciplinary team in planning interventions to meet patient and family needs.
- Assists the proceduralist and health care team in safe patient positioning for the procedure.
- Intervenes with proper technique, procedure and safety precautions to meet individual needs of patients and families.
- Evaluates and documents patient response to and outcome of care provided and revises plan of care accordingly.
- Ensures all supplies and equipment required are sterile or high level disinfected and available for use.
- Observes and communicates to team any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Directs other staff when necessary and reports any unusual occurrences to proceduralist.
- Ensures all medications on field are administered and charted.
- Ensures care and handling of specimens, confirming labeling and quantity with proceduralist in debriefing and secured as per policy.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum 2 years experience in an Endoscopy Unit, PACU, Operating Room, or Critical Care setting.