Wound Care, Registered Nurse | Brooklyn, NY
The Wound Care Services Manager is responsible for the delivery of wound-related patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of all patients. Plans, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the overall clinical practice including fiscal, material, and human resource management.
- Works with the wound care physicians to provide a comprehensive treatment program for patients, addresses patient issues, and works through all patient/employee-related matters.
- Educates referring providers to purpose, function, and realistic expectations of the Clinic. Educates nursing personnel on wound care techniques and skills.
- Develops appropriate protocols and objectives for programs.
- Provides leadership in the development of performance standards for employees.Plans and develops educational in-services for the department.
- Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served (adult and geriatric populations).
- Physical Requirements: Physically demanding, high-stress environment, ability to flex working hours and On call.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Monitors and facilitates the requirements of NYSDOH, JCAHO and other regulators
- Knowledge of quality improvement philosophy models and methods for CQI, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Demonstrates competence in leadership, budgetary and administrative skills
- Decision making, problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to fully utilize BHMC's electronic record and billing systems.
- Graduate of accredited Nursing school BSN.
- Licensed and currently registered as a Professional Nurse in New York State required.
- Minimum two years experience in wound care and HBO including previous supervisory experience.