Monitor Tech | Start ASAP | Chicago, IL
This involves technical duties which will facilitate the patient care operations including routine management of the telemetry room functions and documentation, interpretation of rhythm trips, ensure proper management and maintenance of telemetry equipment, and ensure quality patient care through diligent maintenance of continuous telemetry as required by physician order or patient need, and prompt staff notification of dysrhythmias
Essential Duties and Responsibilites include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Customer Service: Provides and gives cooperative and courteous service to patients, visitors, staff, physicians, volunteers and other internal/external customers. Ensures that all communications and job activities result in a positive customer experience
- Ensures that patients are maintained on continuous telemetry. Calls staff as needed to troubleshoot problems quickly
- Maintains constant observation of all monitors for any rhythm changes and responds as appropriate
- Differentiates between artifact and actual arrrhymias and proceeds as necessary
- Alerts RN of any change in patient rhythm
- Pages RN stat to room for lethal arrhythmias. Follows up to ensure that staff has arrived in patient room for emergency situations. Records daily strips and for all new patients and rhythm changes
- Admits and discharges patients on monitors appropriately
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The candidate must have a CCT (Certified Cardiographic Technician) certification
- EMT-P or equivalent
- ECG Tech Certification or certificate in Cardiovascular Technician
Skills and ability to perform the job and work experience in the telemetry area is essential.