CNA | Brooklyn, NY
Provides direct patient care and related support. Performs other related duties.
- Provides routine personal care to patients in a timely, safe and effective manner
- Care may Include bathing, shaving, brushing teeth, dressing patients and attending to any and all of their personal care needs Prepares Patients For Meals, Feeds And/Or Assists With Feeding As Necessary Empties Bedpans And Collects Urine And Other Specimens Transfers Patients To And From Bed And/Or Chair Via One-Person Transfer, Two-Person Transfer, And Use Of A Hoyer Lift Takes accurate vital signs, temperatures, pulse and respirations.
- Records All Necessary Information According To Policy And Procedure;
- Performs ROM Using Proper Technique Assists Patients In Walking And In Transporting Patients By Means Of Wheel Chair Or Stretcher Performs other related duties
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work in surroundings with degree of dust, noise, etc. without undue discomfort
- Ability to hear, talk, walk, stand, bend and stretch Ability to read, write and interpret documents
- Ability to sit for long periods of time at desk to perform job functions Ability to stand for long periods of time at required patient bedside and/or procedural areas
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and/or co-workers
- May be required to handle reasonably heavy weights across distances
- May be required to handle/ assist in lifting patients onto/out of exam beds/procedure stations
- Must be trained in and knowledgeable of all Kingsbrook/Rutland policies and procedures pertaining to hazardous waste and hazardous materials and maintain qualifications applicable to assigned work
Other: Knowledge of all codes and demonstrate understanding
Physical Requirements: Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience: No prior experience needed
- Licenses, Certifications: New York State Certification as a Nursing Attendant