Emergency Department RN I Per Diem Float Pool | Nights
oceanside, ny, usa
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to Emergency Room patients
- Nursing assessment based on interview, examination, observation and review of records of the patient
- Develops a goal oriented care plan based on the nursing assessment, with participation of patient and significant others
- Nursing actions are consistent with the care plan and medical regimen and hospital procedures
- Demonstrates a competent level of technical skill which reflect the scientific knowledge, judgment and technical skills of professional nursing
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing preferred
- Documented previous experience or educational preparation to support credentials. Relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice. Special skills/experience may be required in specialized areas
- Registered Nurse License and current registration in New York State.
- Minimum 2 years RN and previous emergency and/or critical care experience in a hospital setting. Critical thinking skills. BCLS/ACLS/PALS certification required, Certification and EKG skills required.
- Special skills/experience required in the Emergency Room including: remote telemetry, ability to interpret and treat arrhythmias per ACLS protocols, Intervene in cardiac arrest, pain management, management of all categories of diseases, administration of IV antiarrhythmic drugs, EKG interpretation, IV Therapy, IV/Phlebotomy, remote telemetry, triage experience, ability to work well in a stressful environment.
*** Night Shift ***