Premier Hematology-Oncology(MD/DO) Positions | NY
The ideal candidate will be able to share in a highly successful Hem/Onc Practice. The practice is supported by another Hem/Oncologist Board Certified in Oncology and Palliative Care, a full time Physician
Assistant and RN Patient Navigator. The service line offers a robust Lung Screening Program with a part time lung navigator very acitve in the community.
The Practice is currently located in the mid-island section of Staten Island.
The services provided at the Cancer Center include Radiation Oncology, Pediatric Oncology and surgical sub-specialists including surgical oncologist and thoracic surgeons.
The Oncology Service Line is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (COC). The Radiation Therapy Services is accredited by the American Committee of Radiation Oncology (ACRO).
- Provide office hours including evenings and limited Saturday if needed
- Oversee the infusion services provided at the Medical Center
- Share in office call and hospital coverage rotation
- Assume Directorship role in the Hematology / Oncology Fellowship Program
- Provide education for residents, medical students, nursing and other allied health professions
- Participate in Commission on Committee, Tumor Board, Blood Utilization, Graduate Medical Education (GME) and other commitees of the Medical staff as requested by the Chief Medical Officer and/or Chairman of Medicine
- Licensed to practice in the State of New York
- Board certified in Hematology/Oncology. Other certifications and / or interest in Palliative Care a plus
- Ability to work in a high-paced office environment
- At least 3 years experience
- Must have 3 years experience as part of a residency / fellowship training program and meet the ACGME requirments as Fellowship Director
- Provide exception customer service
- Must be meticulous with documentation, billing and electronic medical records