Peds Nurse Practitioner/ Physican Assistant | NY
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
- An essential element of the role is the ability to meet the patient’s medical and psychosocial needs
- Our APPs perform assessments and provide treatment for patients facing substantial barriers to accessing the traditional healthcare system
- Each day, you will meet your team at a pre-determined location. There, you will practice inter-professional collaboration with other members of the team to coordinate optimal care. In addition, you will optimize resources for desired outcomes consistent with state regulations, clinical standards and policy
- You will be supported by the team including administrative support and medical collaboration direction, which provides our NP’s and PA’s clinical and non-clinical administrative support
- Strive to be a clinical leader particularly in an ever-changing fast-paced environment
- Participate in professional activities including development of a clinical ladder and future APP councils
- Be a team player and a mentor
- Demonstrate passion for the purpose of serving underrepresented populations
- Each day, you will maintain patient medical records and medical documentation consistent with state regulations, DocGo standards, and policy through our HealthPoint system as well as Athena EMR System
- Participate in continuing education as required by the state where you are licensed
- Prescribe medication as permitted by your state prescribing authority
- Interview and examine patients to formulate a diagnosis.
- Order tests to assess the nature and extent of illnesses and injuries.
- Suggest lifestyle changes to remedy medical problems.
- Suture wounds and be able to recognize and treat orthopedic injuries
- Diagnose and prescribe appropriate anti-infectives as per the most up-to-date guidelines and DocGo policy.
- Order and administer vaccines to those eligible.
- Consult patients in mobile units as well as in brick-and-mortar locations
- Provide care with cultural sensitivity and compassion while prioritizing customer service
- Other related duties as deemed necessary
- Adult Gerontology, Family, or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner specialty license, or Physician Assistant
- State Licensed
- Board Certified
- Primary Care or Emergency medicine experience
- Bilingual English and Spanish strongly preferred