Outpatient Psychiatry locum opportunity - San Bernardino
We are seeking BC/BE Psychiatrists to join our clients team for an ongoing locums opportunity. We are seeking candidates with 6+ shifts of availability per month.
Incumbents in this class report to a designated Clinic Medical Director and may be assigned to, based on medical specialty:
1) outpatient forensics, addiction medicine, correctional mental health services, clozapine, diversion, and informatics programs. Incumbents may also be assigned to other areas, such as quality management and medical education;
OR 2) supervise/teach residents and medical students and provide consultation to nursing and medical assistant students.
Below is a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in this classification. These examples are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual.
1. Assumes medical responsibility for patients under their direct care and supervision in outpatient clinics.
2. Perform intakes and assessments of new patients using evidence-based practices for their field of medicine. Conducts comprehensive evaluations, treatment plans and/or examinations of patients. Request necessary history and treatment plans from outside providers, when necessary. Direct patient care, including follow ups.
3. Identify patient needs requiring medical management, obtain and review data, including laboratory and other diagnostic procedures or consultations pertinent to the evaluation and treatment of patients.
4. Manage an appropriate caseload. Provide detailed written reports of assessments/evaluations, diagnosis and summaries of treatment provided, and ensure medical care and documentation are in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, regulation, and accreditation standards.
5. Lead treatment team discussions. Provides advice and counseling for families and others involved in patient care, including consultation to care providers for routine care and emergency medical problems.
6. Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, providing relevant consultation services. Perform or assist in drafting, reviewing, revising, and implementing treatment standardized protocols and guidelines for evidence-based care.
7. Stay abreast of developments in the specialized medical field of focus and regularly communicate relevant information to DBH and its providers.
8. Prepare or assist in the preparation of legal and other court- related documents, written reports and provides court testimony as necessary.