Medical Assistant | Astoria, NY
As a Medical Assistant, you will play a vital part in our clinics by providing essential support through a combination of clinical and administrative duties. You will be assisting physicians in patient care, performing various medical procedures, and efficiently managing administrative tasks, thereby enhancing the overall efficiency and quality of healthcare delivery. As a Medical Assistant, you are expected to be cross-trained as a patient care/front desk assistant to provide the best customer care service.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You will undertake a range of clinical tasks, including taking patient vital signs, assisting with medical procedures, and collecting/preparing lab specimens.
- Providing exceptional customer service will be a priority, ensuring prompt and compassionate responses to patient inquiries and concerns.
- Efficiently managing front desk tasks, such as patient registration, insurance verification, and appointment scheduling, will be part of your responsibilities as needed.
- Adherence to clinic rules, company policies, and brand standards will be essential to maintain compliance and uphold professional standards.
- Collaboration with the team will be crucial to delivering timely and outstanding patient care. Embracing personal and professional growth, you will learn from teammates, customers, and managers to continuously improve your skills and knowledge. Continue promoting safe and effective patient care.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or Associate degree holder
- Completion of an accredited medical assisting program (CMA/RMA).
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), Phlebotomy, and EKG (Electrocardiogram).
- Proficient knowledge of HIPAA regulations, medical terminology, anatomy, and basic clinical procedures.
- Preferred but not required: bilingual skills in Spanish and English, experience in using electronic medical records (EMR) systems.
- Tech-savvy, customer service-oriented medical assistant with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Open-minded and adaptable - willing to utilize their skills in various areas to support the entire team.
- Empathetic and patient - capable of effectively handling diverse personalities and situations that patients may encounter.