Great Night ED RN Travel Job! Come to NY City!
· In accordance with professional nursing
standards and practices, the Emergency Department nurse will provide nursing
care to all non-urgent, urgent and emergent patients that present for care to
the Emergency Department.
· Assess patients physical, social, behavioral,
and mental status through direct observation, interview, past history data, and
medical record review. Includes assessment from history including EMS report
(if applicable), and data collection as obtained from the patient or care
· Utilize observational skills to assess patient’s
· Document a nursing assessment to include
psychosocial, environmental factors, educational level and needs.
· Obtain and review available data base and any
data collected by other members of the health team (medical, surgical or other
history, physical exam, mental status, therapist reports and community
· Identify medical problems resulting from
psychological and mental illness... and use of medications.
· Communicate findings with other members of the
health team. (EMS, Social Worker, Case managers, therapist, Psychiatrist,
Physician, Physician Assistants).
· Identifies and addresses needs for treatment
and admission based on acute medical or surgical diagnoses and presenting
physical and psychological symptoms Identifies and addresses patient level of
education and learning needs.
· Make appropriate referrals to other disciplines
and documents same.
Intervention and Implementation
· Management of clinical skills in the provision
of nursing care and management of the patient including but not limited to:
Identification of symptoms Management of the disease entity Treatment
modalities Administration of medications Intervenes appropriately in medical or
surgical emergencies utilizing crisis intervention.
· Utilizes critical care skills in assessment of
patients and in interventions Utilize infection control procedures.
· Provides for psychosocial needs of all
critically ill patients.
· Provides health teaching and medication
instructions to patient and next of kin.
· Ensure that all procedures are performed based
on established standards of care.
· Demonstrate competency in performing all
procedures within the scope of practice and in accordance with Interfaith
· Investigate and communicate all required
information regarding unusual occurrences and patient care related incidents.
· Act as a patient advocate.
· Revise the patients plan of care based on
evaluation of the interventions and expected outcomes in collaboration with
other members of the health care team.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
· Minimum one (1) year experience medical or surgical
· Minimum one (1) year Critical or Emergency
Department background preferred.
· NY State RN License
· 7 PM to 7 AM availability