Emergency RN for a Chicago-based Hospital
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides and gives cooperative and courteous service to patients, visitors, staff, physicians, volunteers and other customers. Ensures that all communication and job activities result in a positive customer experience.
• Demonstrates the ability to prioritize workload efficiently and accept/respond to change in a manner that promotes and supports departmental/hospital goals and objectives
• Demonstrates ongoing competency in clinical skills and complete the ED competency skills on an annual basis
• Participates in unit meetings, peer review, and QI activities.
• Accurately assesses patients at triage and utilizes appropriate decision-making skills to enter the patient into the system
• Maintains patient's rights, assures the privacy of patients and provides care, information and reassurance to patients who are restrained
• Complete thorough and accurate assessment on each assigned patient and reassessment as indicated.
• Support an environment conducive to the development and enhancement of working relationships.
• Responsive to the needs of the department by accepting additional assignments and/or assisting others to ensure the continuity of services
Understands and adheres to the hospital's compliance standards as they appear in the Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy. Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and Hospital regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
• Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing BSN preferred
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Illinois
• One year of ER/Critical Care experience
• Completion of Basic ECG course required
• CPI, Team Restraints certification within 6 months of hire
Additional Clinical Certifications
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Card
Basic Life Support (BLS) Card
COVID Vaccination Record(s)
Drug Screening Results
Flu Vaccination Record
MMR Vaccination Record
Personal Protective Equipment Fit Test
Physical Exam Certificate
PPD/TB Screening Results
Titers Test Results
Other Vaccination Records
Provider Confirmation Sheet