Sr. Developer Advocate - Hacker News
Software Engineering, Legal
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
2023 has been an exciting year for Doppler. So far we have helped over 30,000 startups and enterprises manage their secrets at scale, accelerated our hiring alongside going-to-market, and raised our $20M Series A from CRV. Throughout this year and looking into 2024, we’re getting far more ambitious by setting even higher product, growth, sales, and headcount goals!
Doppler's mission is to make it easy and secure for developers of every experience level and teams of any size to manage their app configuration and secrets. But hasn't this been done?
Developers tend to be either struggling with the manual management of .env files, or wrestling with an overly complex secrets manager that's not built for software development. Doppler is changing that by making app configuration and secrets management easy, intuitive, and scalable. It's the SecretOps platform built by developers for developers.
Our team is entrepreneurial, with a bias for action. We never back down from a spirited debate and believe we are all responsible for exploring the hard questions. We value self-awareness and meaningful impact. We are open to unconventional approaches and have learned not to judge a book by its cover. Your time is your most valuable resource, so you set your hours. We use Slack to communicate and default to very few meetings. We aim to document everything. We also recommend you invest your time in 10% compounding time.
As a Senior Developer Advocate, you’ll lead Doppler’s efforts for our self-serve product offering. You will be responsible for raising awareness among startup CTOs and senior engineers by producing highly engaging content on Hacker News. Unlike other Developer Advocate roles, this role is exclusively focused on building a community that is deeply engaged with us on Hacker News. You will need to be highly creative, have strong problem-solving skills, and have a strong passion for engaging with the developer community on Hacker News.
What You'll Do
- Create and iterate on a strategy that generates engagement on Hacker News
- Leverage your engineering background to write content for Hacker News and other engineering communities
- Actively engage with the Hacker News and Reddit engineering communities
- Brainstorm with engineers to discover interesting and controversial engineering topics
- Work with our marketing and product site team to improve the performance of our blog
What You'll Bring to the Table
- Minimum 3+ years of engineering experience
- Experience writing content for technical founders and engineers
- Passion for engaging with engineers and founders on Hacker News and Reddit
- Deeply understanding of Hacker News culture
- Has no problem saying “I don’t know”
Location: Remote - US
- Equity at an early-stage fast-growing startup
- Premium health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Guilt Free Unlimited PTO - 3-week minimum strongly encouraged!
- Free lunch every day
- Upward Mobility
- Commuter & Ride Share
- Relocation bonus
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Wealth Advisor
- Pregnancy & Family Leave
- Fertility Treatments
- Equal Compensation (regardless of gender or race)
For a full list of our benefits check our Perks Notion Page.
We've built a great product our customers love. Our churn is low, and active usage continues to rise. We just need to amplify our reach to educate the market that secrets management can be fast, secure, and affordable for teams and organizations of any size. And most importantly, we need to continue encouraging Developers to stop adhering to archaic insecure standards such as manually managing .env file formats.
Are you passionate about developer-focused products and ready to join an amazing team? Then we want to hear from you!
A final note - we highly encourage you to apply for this role, even if you don't feel entirely qualified, or entirely sure. You never know!