Senior Linux System Admin / DevOps / SRE
Software Engineering, IT
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
We're looking for an experienced, Senior Linux System Admin / DevOps / SRE to join our core team. As an early team member, you will have a broad ownership and impact on the technology, the product, and our culture. You’ll work alongside and learn from a first-rate engineering team. You will lead critical on-premise client installations, partner with client IT teams, set up sophisticated alerting systems, and monitor client software stacks. The role demands a dynamic individual who is not just technically proficient with Linux, containers, and cloud technologies, but also one who possesses the soft skills required to navigate complex customer interactions.
We're looking for engineers who have:
- Conduct comprehensive on-premise installations and configurations tailored to client needs.
- Collaborate closely with client IT departments to ensure smooth system integrations and operations.
- Flexibility to occasionally do upgrades after hours in the evenings or over the weekends if the clients require it.
- Create and manage alerting systems for proactive issue resolution and system monitoring.
- Provide continuous oversight for client software stacks, emphasizing performance and security.
- Develop and maintain scripts in Bash and Python for system automation and efficiency.
- Manage Linux environments (CentOS, RedHat), Docker containers, ElasticSearch (OpenSearch), PostgreSQL and AWS cloud services.
- Implement and oversee Infrastructure as Code using tools like Cloudformation and Terraform for streamlined cloud management.
- Utilize configuration management to maintain consistent system states.
- Facilitate CI/CD pipelines and processes using GitLab CI or similar for agile development practices.
- Administer a suite of monitoring tools (Grafana, Prometheus...) for comprehensive system insights.
- Strong communication skills in an open environment.
- Skills to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Interest in working in a dynamic environment with dynamic objectives.
- Individual autonomy and ownership, building quality products.
- Being open to giving and receiving feedback.
We're looking for engineers who have:
- A passion for shipping high-quality product that delights users
- Experience in Linux OS, particularly with CentOS and RedHat.
- Practical experience with Docker, ElasticSearch and PostgreSQL
- Strong familiarity with monitoring solutions and Infrastructure as Code practices.
- Proficiency in scripting with Bash or Python to automate repetitive tasks.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for dealing with customer IT on projects,
- A track record of successful customer-facing engagements.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Interest in helping us build a strong engineering organization
- Interest in ownership and autonomy.
- Ability to work in US time zone
- Experience in being on-call (Pagerduty etc)
- Flexibility to work outside 9 to 5 if needed.
- Strong engineering fundamentals
- Worked with elements in our tech stack:
- Product: Java 17, JOOQ, DropWizard, Dagger
- Data: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Tensoflow/Keras/LLMs
- DevOps: AWS Fargate, CDK, CloudWatch, On-Premise
- Experience in building, deploying, maintaining deployment infrastructure
- Experience building data-intensive applications, such as NLP, search and indexing, and data processing
- All-remote work style, work anywhere, however customers will be in the US time zone.
- Equity plan
- Competitive salary
- Private medical care
- New laptop and a work-from-home stipend for necessary accessories
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- Opportunity to lead our company as we disrupt the legal world