Argentina · Remote
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
At Emi Labs we are on a mission to increase Frontline Workers’ access to professional opportunities.
This is a 2.7 billion population that accounts for 80% of the world’s workforce. They are digitally invisible, as there’s little to no data available on who they are, their career history, or their skill set, limiting their access to professional opportunities and growth. We're here to transform this by building the infrastructure to make Frontline Workers visible.
Our first step to achieving our mission is to transform the recruiting experience into an easy, human and fair process, for both candidates and companies with high-volume job openings.
Emi, our main product, is an A.I. recruitment assistant that enables companies to engage in a conversation with each applicant to detect interested and qualified individuals while saving Recruiters a huge amount of time by automating tasks such as screening, validating skills, scheduling interviews, and collecting documents.
We were part of Y-Combinator's Winter 2019 batch and in 2022 we have raised an $11M funding round co-led by Merus Capital and Khosla Ventures.
About our Core Team
The team is responsible for orchestrating key modules in our hiring process. We handle tasks ranging from designing system architecture to programming, testing, and system integration. Our focus is on leveraging various platforms to streamline our operations for rapid feature development.
What you'll be doing
As Emi's Backend Engineer, you will be building the orchestration of several modules that are part of the hiring process. Your responsibilities will extend from designing system architecture to high-level programming, testing, and systems integration.
You will need to move fast, understanding the multiple platforms with which we work, and streamlining our platform to enable faster feature development. You will also identify, propose, and implement improvements in the core infrastructure and the architecture and train new team members in the best practices for software development, testing, and documenting.
Tasks / Activities
- Work closely with the Implementation team and other Tech teams to detect and prioritize requirements.
- Ensure the feasibility of technical designs.
- Solve complex problems by working autonomously when needed.
- Deliver value rapidly fostering iterative progress.
- Monitor the performance of our services and take action if necessary.
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of Back-end software development experience.
- Advanced studies or completed degree in Engineering.
- Strong communication skills - We're a global company so, English is used internally.
- Humble learner: You like to keep up with the technology and to learn from your own mistakes.
- Proactive: You enjoy coming up with new ideas and simple solutions.
- People-driven: You thrive in a company where everyone makes a big difference and cultivates teamwork.
- You enjoy designing and discussing technical solutions.
- You have experience working with distributed systems and microservices.
Nice to have
- You are proficient with any part of our technology stack: Node.js, TypeScript, Postgres, Terraform, and New Relic.
- You have experience working with AWS stack.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary: Salaries paid in USD.
- 📈 Stock Options: Stock Options Package as part of your compensation package.
- 🧑🏽💻 Flexible remote-first work culture. We work towards goals*
- 🏖️ Vacations: 3 weeks of vacation.
- 🍼 Paternity leave: 4 weeks of paid paternity leave
- 🧑🎄 Holiday season: Week off between Christmas and New Year's Eve.
- 💆 Physical Wellness program: we have partnered up with Gympass, a well-being platform that offers the best coverage of top gyms, studios, and activities for you to choose from.
- 🇺🇸 English Classes: Improve your English skills with our in-company teachers.
- 📚 Internal library: Get all the free books - digital, physical - you like, anytime.
🇦🇷 This opportunity is open for candidates located in Argentina only*
Emi Labs is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We believe diversity is crucial to building the best team and solving Frontline Worker's access to professional opportunities, that is why Emi aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.
Emi is a very dynamic and new startup where growth opportunities are there for the taking! We are just building a team with great impact so now is the best time to jump aboard!
Interested in knowing more about Emi Labs?
- LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/company/emi-labs/
- Web Page: https://www.emilabs.ai/