Assistant Operations Manager
We are a San Francisco-based start-up that is reinventing the multi-trillion dollar industry of global shipping and supply chains using artificial intelligence and data processing. We work with some of the top supply chain businesses in the world making their complex logistics processes more efficient and transparent.
Who we need
Are you an organizational whiz with an eye for efficiency and a knack for streamlining processes? We're looking for a motivated Assistant Operations Manager to step in and support our Operations Manager in steering our Freight Data Validators. This role is about more than just assistance - it's about taking ownership, driving projects, and playing a vital role in our operational success. If you're a logistics lover with a head for management, come make waves with us!
- Team Operations Management
- Assist the Operations Manager in executing team projects, policies and initiatives
- Promote and ensure the adoption of Product and Freshdesk within the team
- Work closely with Expedock’s key accounts, understanding their business and supply chain processes
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to improve processes and productize inefficiencies in operation
- Improve and update operational management systems, processes, and best practices
- Performance Monitoring and Evaluation
- Analyze and enhance organizational processes and workflows, implementing necessary changes
- Investigate and resolve operational issues or client escalations
- Ensure services committed to customers are delivered without escalation
- Propose and implement procedures for efficient delivery of Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Work towards delivering 100% accuracy in customer service
- Assist in staff recruitment, interviewing, and assessment of Freight Operator candidates
- Coordinate with the People team on staffing requirements
- Training and Development
- Conduct one-on-one coaching sessions with Team Leaders
- Train new team members, ensuring their performance meets company standards
- Assist with performance improvement plans and individual development plans
- Degree in business, operations management or related field preferred
- At least 1-2 years proven work experience in the field operations management, preferably with tech background
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management principles
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting
- Familiarity with business and financial principles
- Experience working with product and sales teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Leadership experience, with experience supervising and mentoring personnel
- Strong organizational skills, with an eye for detail and an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Benefit from a competitive compensation package tailored to reflect your skills and experience.
- Become part of a diverse and dedicated team that foster a culture of excellence, autonomy and flexibility.
- Embrace the convenience of a fully remote working environment, facilitating a healthy work-life balance without compromising on your connection to the dynamic world of tech.
- Thrive in a company that values your potential, offering rapid career progression and opportunities for personal and professional development.