Sales Development Representative
Expedock is the data infrastructure of the global supply chain, supporting tens of thousands of containers moving internationally every single month. Since our incorporation in early 2020, we've raised millions of dollars from top tier global technology investors and closed contracts with some of the world's biggest logistics businesses like CEVA, Roadrunner Freight, JUSDA, etc. Our technology. If you have a Tesla, iPhone or Nvidia graphics card, Expedock’s software has already moved your favorite products because Expedock’s customers include businesses that move 30% of global trade.
Who We Need
We are looking for an ambitious Sales Development Representative (SDR) with a knack for sparking connections and generating leads. You'll be the engine driving our growth, developing new prospects and building robust pipelines of potential clients. We need a master relationship builder who can swiftly break the ice, deeply understand our prospects' needs, and schedule appointments for our sales executives. If you're a communication enthusiast, a relationship nurturer, and excited to convert curious prospects into thrilled partners, we can't wait to meet you!
- Lead Generation: Seek out new prospects and generate leads through various channels such as cold calling, email outreach, social media, networking, and research to identify potential customers who may have a need for the company's products.
- Prospecting: Conduct thorough research to understand the prospect's business, industry, challenges, and pain points. Use this information to tailor your approach and messaging to effectively engage with the prospect.
- Qualification: Qualify leads by conducting initial conversations to understand the prospect's needs and decision-making process. Determine if the prospect meets the criteria for becoming a qualified opportunity for the sales team.
- Appointment Setting: Schedule meetings or appointments between the prospect and the appropriate sales executives. Coordinate calendars, send meeting invitations, and ensure all necessary information is provided to both parties.
- Communication and Follow-up: Maintain regular communication with leads and prospects, providing additional information, answering questions, and addressing any concerns. This includes following up on previous interactions and ensuring a consistent and personalized experience for the prospect.
- CRM Management: Track all activities and interactions with leads and prospects in Salesforce, which is Expedock’s customer relationship management (CRM) system. Update contact information, record notes from conversations, and ensure data accuracy for reporting purposes.
- Collaboration with Sales Team: Work closely with the sales team, providing them with qualified leads and relevant information to support their sales efforts. Collaborate on account strategies, share feedback on lead quality, and provide suggestions on how we can refine the lead qualification process.
- At least 3 years of experience in technology sales, particularly in hunting for net new accounts through outbound prospecting.
- Relevant sales development experience in the B2B technology industry, with a preference for SaaS experience.
- Strong familiarity with Salesforce and other common prospecting tools such as Sales Navigator, Zoom Info, Outreach, Mixmax.
- Self-starters and critical thinkers who can thrive in competitive and results-driven environments.
- Excellent conversational skills, with the ability to engage prospects and build rapport.
- Availability to work EST (New York) or PST (San Francisco) timezone is a must.
- Prior sales development experience in the North America and Oceania markets (USA, Canada).
- Logistics and freight experience.
- Experience of working in a fast growth environment, such as a start-up.
- Have the opportunity to travel for acquiring leads, expanding your professional network, and exploring new markets.
- Enjoy a competitive compensation package aligned with your skills and experience.
- Become part of a vibrant and dedicated team that thrives in the stimulating and fast-paced culture that San Francisco-based start-ups are renowned for.
- Work remotely and flexibly, benefiting from the work-life balance that our global team values, while still being connected to the heart of the tech industry.
- Learn from and be mentored by the best startup talents from around the world, as well as gain exposure to diverse perspectives and cutting-edge practices in the tech sector.