Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2023
FamPay is building India’s first neo-bank exclusively teens. FamPay helps teens make their own online and offline payments through UPI, FamPay App and FamCard. Our aim is to make banking cool for teens and to help them learn the value of money, savings and spending wisely. We are on a mission to raise a new, financially aware generation, and drive 250 Million+ Indian teenagers to kickstart their financial journey super early in their life.
Founded in 2019 by IIT Roorkee alumni, FamPay is backed by some of the most respected investors around the world like Elevation Capital, Y-Combinator, Sequoia Capital India, Venture Highway, Global Founder’s Capital and the likes of Kunal Shah, Amrish Rao as angels.
About this Role
It is the product that sells, not just the idea.
With a product that's aimed at teenagers, design is at the centre of our offering. Therefore, it would not be an exaggeration to say that we will perish without a world class user experience and delight.
We are looking for a top-notch Product Designer with deep understanding of design principles. One who does not compromise the beauty or usability of the product and has worked on a successful consumer application in a tech product company.
On the Job
- Define the core problem(s) that a product team needs to solve to make the user's life better.
- From wire-framing to designing end-to-end flows and prototypes, you will be in charge of designing products that solve problems in a fun and simple way.
- Define the information architecture of the product (label content and create meaningful for users content structures)
- Create wireframes/low-fidelity mockups (set out the bare-bones blueprints for the future product) and with the UI designers turn the low-fidelity design into pixel-perfect mockups
- Conduct usability testing (collect feedback from actual or potential users on how easy or hard it is to use a product and find areas of improvement).
- Great aesthetic and visual sense, with solid attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of the product cycle and product design principles.
- Take ownership of design process and work as self directed member of a design team.
- Ready to work in an agile setup and willing to experiment continuously.
- Should be able to present designs and defend design decisions backed with research and data.
- Experience of working on a designing consumer software products
- Love to solve problems, and are always striving to understand human behaviour and how they interact with technology.
- Able to think at a product strategy and clearly distill into design deliverables.
- Strong focus on users and understand human behaviour.
- Mentor - Makes sure that the team grows along with him/her/them. You need to mentor and inspire a team of amazing and hungry product designers to raise the bar on design quality.
- Prior Fintech experience
- Experience working in fast-paced startup environment
- Understanding of code
- Good command on animation and prototyping tools
Why should you join us?
Every once in a while, a product comes to life that makes people think, why was this not done earlier? The users love it, the investors dream about the great returns and the team feels the joy and pride every day. We have strong indicators for users & investors, and we are building a team that will have stories to tell all their life.
We believe that a great product is built by a high-quality team that finds purpose and joy in their work, and we also go beyond it to put heavy emphasis on having fun at work as well.
1. Competitive Salary
2. Industry's best ESOPs scheme
3. Medical Insurances suiting your needs
4. Subscriptions to premium platforms
5. Access to Mental health professionals
6. Friendly leaves policy
Know more about us!
First Payments App Exclusively for Teens in India
Before FamPay, the only experience teens could have with money was asking their parents for more. By allowing them to make and receive payments, track their transactions, build a savings streak, and earn exciting rewards, we are enabling them to finally start gaining financial autonomy.
India’s First Numberless Card
Sleek, black, and numberless, our FamCard is aesthetically on point and makes carrying your card around super secure.
India’s First Rupay Card for Teens
The most personalized card ever with doodles on it! Making your own payments wherever you go is not only more convenient than ever but also in vogue💁♀️
Trusted by Marquee Investors
We are backed by internationally acclaimed investors including Elevation Capital, Y-Combinator, Sequoia Capital India, Venture Highway, Global Founder’s Capital, and the likes of Kunal Shah, and Amrish Rao as angels.
LinkedIn Top Startups
We were one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Startups for 2021. Valuing talent over degree and creating a people-first culture has its perks ;)
Check out what Life at Fam looks like! 🌴