Senior Backend Engineer (Node. js)
Job Title: Senior Backend Engineer (Node. js)
Location: Pakistan (Remote)
We’re a team of technologists and engineers — problem-solvers at heart. We founded Fasset because we saw a way to make finance fairer and more sustainable.
Investing has the power to transform people’s lives. We’re committed to making digital assets accessible right now to people in frontier markets who might otherwise get left out. We’re leading the way in these markets, breaking new ground in regulation and best practice. Our ‘final users’ — the kind of people we think could benefit the most from the alternative finance we’re building — are farmers and working-class people across the globe who might struggle to gain access to tools like loans and savings accounts. Too often these people are left out of the investment ecosystem and can only watch as their savings lose value over time. Fasset’s commitment to ethical finance enables them to invest in sustainable projects that are largely protected from the effects of inflation. A path that’s fairer, more sustainable, and available to all. The way finance should be.
Who we are looking for:
You will work in a small team of engineers to build new web and mobile app experiences from the ground-up, as well as integrate new features. You are expected to be a hands-on developer who excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment building high quality, high performance and scalable solutions. You will be expected to work equally between design and hands-on development. You will work closely with mobile, services and other client developers to define and provide the appropriate APIs.
What will you work on:
If this is you, you’ll be working with our Engineering team and performing below key tasks.
- You use a modern version-control system for your source code repository (Git, GitHub, BitBucket)
- You will work on a framework to create robust and reliable HTTP-based APIs
- You know about continuous integration systems like Jenkins or CircleCI
- You have built monitoring and alerting for your production systems
- You are willing and able to deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain your systems in production
- You’ve architected with both SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Comfortable building and maintaining data infrastructure in the cloud; we use AWS
- Be nimble and react quickly to changing business conditions
- Crypto or Web3 experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience or other evidence of exceptional ability
- 5+ years of hands-on professional experience developing backend systems, services and practical APIs
- Solid experience interfacing and integrating with all kinds of SQL (Postgres or MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis) databases
- Knowledgeable in software architecture design, coding and debugging
- Understanding of AWS basics and CI/CD processes is a plus
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
Why Fasset, you ask?
- A brilliant opportunity to grow your career & work with a fun, fast-paced & growing company, prepared to let you shine 👌
- An entrepreneurial environment where you learn every day🚀
- Join an organization that is scaling fast 🌳
- Personal responsibility and autonomy ⭐️
- Unlimited leave days ⛱️
- Excellent medical, dental, and optical care 🩺
- Professional development and ongoing learning 📚
- An international team with over 20+ nationalities 🌎