Senior Data Analyst (Remote, UTC+8 to -8)
We think it’s insane that so many people and businesses rely on notes as a primary means of remembering and sharing insights from video calls.
Notes are time consuming and stressful to create while trying to hold a conversation. Even when done well, notes are a poor solution compared to hearing something first-hand.
We started Fathom to rid us all of the tyranny of note-taking and in just 18 months since launch we’ve already accomplished a lot:
- 💖 #1 Rated on G2 with 1,100+ reviews and a perfect 5/5 rating
- 🥇 #1 Product of the Day and #2 AI Product of 2021
- 🚀 #1 Zoom App on the new Zoom App Marketplace
- 💸 We’ve raised a $4.7M seed round from a number of great investors including the CEOs of Twitch, Reddit, Cruise, Clearbit, and many more.
- 💸 Fathom users love the product so much that they've invested over $1.2M via our recent Wefunder
- 📈 We’re hitting usage records every week and growing ~30% MoM
Check out our product (it’s free) to learn more about the product.
We think it’s insane that so many people and businesses rely on notes to remember and share insights from their meetings.
Notes are time-consuming and stressful to create while trying to hold a conversation. Even when done well, notes are a poor solution compared to hearing something first-hand.
We started Fathom to rid us all of the tyranny of note-taking, and people seem to really love what we've built so far:
📈 We’re hitting usage and revenue records every week
We're growing incredibly quickly, so we're looking to grow our small but mighty team.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst who is passionate about leveraging data to drive business growth and enhance product development. This role is a unique blend of technical prowess, business acumen, and analytical skills, designed for someone eager to take on challenges and grow with us. As part of our team, you'll play a pivotal role in owning the data journey, turning complex datasets into valuable resources, and contributing to our culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
This role is open UTC+8 to +13 time zones -- such as Australia, New Zealand, or Singapore.
What you’ll do:
- By 30 Days:
- Transition our data tracking and optimizing dbt pipelines for efficiency, saving thousands of dollars per month.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of current feature usage to inform development priorities.
- Enhance revenue tracking mechanisms for clearer financial insights.
- By 90 Days:
- Develop a comprehensive tracking plan for key user actions to improve data accuracy and completeness.
- Improve visibility into feature adoption and usage, helping us drive product improvements.
- Build a pipeline for multi-touch marketing attribution to understand campaign effectiveness better.
- Provide regular BI support to product, sales, and marketing teams, facilitating data-driven decision-making.
- By one year:
- Help us integrate experimentation frameworks into feature development processes to answer complex product questions efficiently.
- Perform in-depth analysis of customer lifecycles and segmentation, identifying improvement and growth opportunities.
- Streamline our operations by integrating proactive support and invitation pipelines into the app, targeting large cost savings.
- Proficiency in SQL and advanced data modeling techniques.
- Strong foundation in statistical reasoning.
- Experience in a SaaS environment (ideally B2B).
- Familiarity with our tech stack: BigQuery, dbt, Python. Experience with Retool is a plus, but there's an opportunity to influence our next BI tool choice.
- Curiosity-driven with a focus on delivering results.
- A generalist mindset with the ability to dive deep into a wide range of challenges.
- Resilience and an ability to grind through complex problems.
- Openness to disagreement and commitment to decisions once made.
- Strong collaborative skills, with the ability to explain complex insights in an accessible manner.
- Independence in managing one’s workload and priorities.
What You'll Get:
- The opportunity to shape the data strategy of a growing company.
- A role that balances data management, BI support, and product analytics.
- A chance to work with a dynamic and collaborative team.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- A supportive environment that encourages innovation and personal growth.
If you're excited to own the data journey at Fathom and contribute to our mission with your analytical expertise, we would love to hear from you. Apply now to become a key player in our data-driven success story.
We use all of the following to power the Fathom app. If you're an engineer, knowledge of these would be helpful but you need not be familiar with all of them. If you're not an engineer, you can ignore this :)
GKE, S3, Ruby/Rails/Sidekiq, Go, Electron, Typescript/TSX, Stencil, Elasticsearch, C++, Kafka, MySQL, Redis, Pusher, GitHub Actions, Docker, ArgoCD, CircleCI