Treasury & Liquidity Operations Associate
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
The Role: We're looking for a stellar candidate to join our team and help us further build out our integrated liquidity management and foreign exchange (FX) systems along with risk management processes, and work alongside our business partners and internal teams.
We’re working on making our regional financial system programmable. The Treasury & Liquidity Management team plays a critical role in enabling the realisation of this opportunity and simultaneously ensuring we optimally manage the liquidity flows for regional payment processing - ensuring money is in the right place, at the right time and in the right currency.
Location: South Africa and Egypt
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build predictive capabilities for merchant balance and trend analysis, cash flows and develop stress testing models for ensuring on-time float for merchant operations
- Quantifying liquidity risk and conduct analyses to inform our financial resource needs and business decisions
- Manage funds movements across various operating bank accounts
- Maintain and enhance dashboards/visualisations to communicate liquidity and FX metrics both for day-to-day management and for periodic reviews/longer-term trends
- Draft and review Treasury procedures and conduct trainings to the Operation Team
- Participate in internal Treasury related projects and system enhancements including treasury assurance, investments, FX rates sourcing and maintenance, cost assurance and reporting
- Support Flutterwave’s global corporate FX program components, including exposure monitoring metrics and limits, controls & market risk models
- Work cross-functionally with the broader global operations team to ensure an accurate and timely capture of FX risk and metrics
- Prepare and present reports on financial performance, liquidity, and risk, providing insights and recommendations to senior management.
- Perform payment related tasks such as handling customer inquiries, request for information
- Work closely with Engineering and Product teams to unlock new product capabilities and implement strategies for reducing costs and increasing capital efficiency
- Any other duties assigned
Required competency and skillset to be a waver
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience in Treasury/Liquidity Operations
- Client engagement experience
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage projects
- Strong analytical, presentation, report writing skills and attention to details
You’ll love this job if you
- Have an intellectual curiosity about payments and technology
- Have high aptitude to quickly understand customer use cases and requirements
- Have the ability to drive cross-functional teams from ideation to solution
- Have the ability to manage proactive and reactive tasks effectively
- Are self-driven, self-starter, extremely passionate, goal-getter
- Are passionate about process improvements
- Are comfortable managing relationships within every aspect of the organisation from senior executives to engineers
- Embrace the challenge of managing multiple activities simultaneously
- Are comfortable working in ambiguity and the constant change of life at a startup experiencing hyper growth