Reconciliation Associate, Francophone Africa
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
The Role: We’re looking for a Reconciliation Associate to join the Regional Operations team to ensure that our payment commitments are delivered on-time to our merchants.
We’re working on making our regional financial system programmable. The Reconciliation team plays a critical role in enabling the realisation of this opportunity and simultaneously ensuring optimal validation of balances and the reasonableness of each of the accounts that Flutterwave uses for its transactions.
Location: Francophone Africa (Cameroon, Senegal, Ivory Coast).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct reconciliation on financial records across all payment methods (collections and payouts) - examine the money coming in and going out of the organisation and make sure it is recorded and processed correctly
- Identify discrepancies and investigate discrepancies or errors that arise during the reconciliation process, determining their root causes and working to resolve them
- Research and analyse financial data to identify trends, patterns, and potential issues that require further investigation.
- Prepare and present reports summarising the results of reconciliations, identifying any issues or discrepancies and recommending actions to address them.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure that financial data is accurate and consistent across all areas of the business.
- Maintain accurate records of all reconciliations performed, ensuring that they are properly documented and filed for future reference.
- Work closely with Flutterwave partners and internal teams to resolve issues.
- Any other duties assigned
Required competency and skillset to be a waver
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience in internal/external auditing or reconciliations
- High attention to detail, well organised and excellent analytical skills.
- Strong excel skills, ability to handle large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Client engagement experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage projects.
You’ll love this job if you
- Have an intellectual curiosity about payments and technology
- Have high aptitude to quickly understand customer use cases and requirements
- Have the ability to drive cross-functional teams from ideation to solution
- Have the ability to manage proactive and reactive tasks effectively
- Are self-driven, self-starter, extremely passionate, goal-getter
- Are passionate about process improvements
- Are comfortable managing relationships within every aspect of the organisation from senior executives to engineers
- Embrace the challenge of managing multiple activities simultaneously
- Are comfortable working in ambiguity and the constant change of life at a startup experiencing hyper growth