Senior Manager, Regional Operations
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
The Role: We are seeking an energetic, execution focused, result oriented analytical professional to join the Rwanda team. The person will help to accelerate the growth of our merchant and consumer portfolio. This is an exciting and versatile role with high visibility across the senior leadership and requires strong execution discipline, strategic and analytical capabilities along with interpersonal, relationship building and clear communication skills.
You will help accelerate our growth and adoption of Flutterwave by supporting the in-country operations teams to deliver on our operational assurance, by identifying and pro-actively driving initiatives within the organisation to ensure continuous adoption of Flutterwave services and unlock new revenue opportunities in respective regions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and Drive accountability with operational teams to achieve our service targets.
- Provide an overview of risks and opportunities in our operational activities and pipeline
- Identify/Execute new business opportunities and initiatives that will support the operational growth of our merchants and markets
- Leverage internal and external data to provide actionable commercial insights that can deliver revenue growth
- Develop, plan and lead cross-functional operational initiatives
- Collaborate with Sales Operations, Data Science & Analytics, Marketing, and other regional & global business teams on planning and budgeting projects
- Ensure safe, secure & compliant payment operations, responsible for operational excellence through end-to-end ownership of key activities, including: operations performance monitoring and anomaly resolution, working through exception processing with partners and internal teams,
- Collaborate closely with multiple functions such as engineering, product, compliance, expansion and partnerships, customer success/experience, global operations
- Support and work with the Finance and Global Operations team, including monthly financial reporting requirements and the resolution of accounts payable issues as they relate to payment processing
- Support with internal management cadences, senior leadership presentations, operational plans, and other programs
- Any other duties assigned
Required competency and skillset to be a waver
- Leader who brings exceptional leadership and operational abilities
- World-class operational excellence and cultivate collaborative cross-team engagement
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree from in business, finance, or sciences
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in Tech, Payment industry/multinational financial service companies; some past exposure/experience to an operations organisation
- A demonstrable track record of managing payment operations in an online environment, ideally for a large merchant operating at global scale.
- A demonstrated ability to engage professionally and effectively with a wide range of stakeholders including senior management, internal and external partners and other third counterparties.
- Strong strategic vision & thought leadership and the ability to turn complex strategies into practical and execution-oriented plans.
- Ability to navigate both the business and product domain and understand the intricacies and complexities in improving operational processes in a rapidly changing environment.
- The ability to effectively build relationships and trust across multiple functional areas and different levels, spread across different geographic locations.
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to crystallise insights using data visualisation tools
- Proactive and resourceful nature with high level of intellectual curiosity
- Understanding of payments and relevant ecosystems advantageous
- Personality that is comfortable to operate in a fast-paced ambiguous environment with changing priorities
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
You’ll love this job if you
- Have an intellectual curiosity about payments and technology
- Have high aptitude to quickly understand customer use cases and requirements
- Have the ability to drive cross-functional teams from ideation to solution
- Have the ability to manage proactive and reactive tasks effectively
- Are self-driven, self-starter, extremely passionate, goal-getter
- Are passionate about process improvements
- Are comfortable managing relationships within every aspect of the organisation from senior executives to engineers
- Embrace the challenge of managing multiple activities simultaneously
- Are comfortable working in ambiguity and the constant change of life at a startup experiencing hyper growth