Who We Are
The mission of Gecko Robotics is to protect today’s critical infrastructure, and give form to tomorrow’s: refineries, power plants, heavy manufacturing facilities, vessels, water storage, and many more. We accomplish this through our robotics platforms in tandem with our enterprise software solutions, creating a virtuous cycle of data acquisition, processing, analysis, and decision-making. Our robots operate in some of the most dangerous industrial environments, collecting data of unprecedented value and magnifying the contributions of human experts, while keeping them out of harm’s way. Gecko is uniquely poised to maximize both the production and the useful life of the assets we rely on to meet the world's energy needs.
Role at a Glance
Gecko Robotics’ multi-disciplinary electrical team designs, develops, and integrates the hardware, firmware, and software systems of the robot. As an embedded firmware/software engineer at Gecko, you will be involved in multiple aspects of the design process: conceptualization, requirements development, firmware design, integration, and validation.
Gecko is seeking an Embedded Firmware/Software Engineers over a range of experience levels.
Gecko’s engineers work in a hands-on, fast-paced environment. We’re seeking highly self-motivated individuals who thrive in a small company environment and are passionate about developing great products which solve challenging problems.
What you will do
- Specify, design, and implement deterministic functions and behaviors of embedded and software systems
- Bring up, debug, and improve hardware and software systems with hardware and integration engineers
- Design the firmware and accompanying software tools to support continuous development, integration, verification and validation, and speed up overall development process
Work cross-functionally with hardware engineers, integration engineers, and other non-engineers to develop requirements of new systems and features
- BS or beyond in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- 2 or more years of experience in design, analysis, and debugging of firmware for complex or distributed electronic systems and electromechanical systems. Gecko is seeking engineers over a range of experience levels
- Proficiency in C
- Fluent in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability
- Experience with the embedded tools
- Ability to read and interpret PCBA schematics to develop and troubleshoot firmware
Attention to detail shown through continuous improvements and enforcing best practices within the team, and throughout the organization
- Ability to work well and integrate with electrical engineers and others
- Experience in state machine design
- Scripting skills in a common language such as Python
- Experience in schematic design and capture (Altium preferred)
- Experience and/or knowledge of V-model and UML
- Experience with STM32, Protobuf, Docker, or ROS2
- Robotics experience in feedback and controls, localization, computer vision, ML, and etc.
- Knowledge of Git, Jira, and Confluence or similar tools
Experience working autonomously in a fast-paced, hands-on environment on concurrent projects
Solid understanding of digital and analog design fundamentals is essential along with excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
Gecko Robotics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Something looks off?