Engineering Lead - Field Software
What We Do
Gecko Robotics is helping the world’s most important organizations ensure the availability, reliability, and sustainability of critical infrastructure. Gecko's complete and connected solutions combine wall-climbing robots, industry-leading sensors, and an AI-powered data platform to provide customers with a unique window into the current and future health of their physical assets. This enables real-time decision making to increase the efficiency and safety of operations, promote mission readiness, and protect the environment and civilization from the effects of infrastructure failure.
Role at a Glance
As the field software tech lead manager, you will lead the growth of the Field Software Team and Field Software offering as we diversify the types of inspections and platforms supported by Gecko. You will be responsible for working with a UX designer and autonomy teams to build out a state of the art inspection platform with autonomy-in-the-loop features. Your work will marry the NDT skills and analysis required to execute a quality inspection with customer-facing operations management to ensure that every collection Gecko does results in high quality deliverables. As one of the software engineering leads, you will work broadly across software teams to define software development patterns that will scale with Gecko’s growing needs. You will partner closely with engineers and operators in the field and in the lab to develop expertise in Gecko’s robotic platforms and create the software interface between the robotic hardware and the operations team. You will be responsible for maintaining long term roadmaps of the field software systems, interfaces, and components that are aligned with the company/business direction. You will manage a team of 3-5 contributors for the field software system and set the bar for software development at Gecko.
What you will do
As the field software engineering tech lead manager you will
- Collaborate with UX and Autonomy engineers to design and build the next generation of Gecko’s inspection software
- Be an active contributor to the field software codebase
- Design the software systems that enable data collection across a multitude of data collection modalities
- Understand the different roles and consumers for field systems and tailor designs to those users
- Make core tech stack decisions for field software including identification of new technologies, systems, interfaces, etc. that align with the long term plans for the company
- Work across departments to understand stakeholder requirements
- Deeply understand the task of data collection and design solutions that increase efficiency and quality of operations in the field
- Become an expert in Gecko’s robotic platforms and design the software interfaces for those platforms
- Create and maintain long term roadmaps for field software systems
- Lead a team of 3-5 engineers in design and implementation of world-class field software
Technologies We Use
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a technically hands-on software management/lead role
- Ability to dive into a code base and develop new features
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience working with partner and stakeholder teams on creating solutions with complex requirement sets.
- Experience working with microservices and deploying user-facing applications.
- Able to work independently and demonstrate end-to-end ownership of a critical part of Gecko’s Field Software Platform
- Strong data structures and algorithms knowledge.
- Strong background in software engineering design.
- Experience in standing up software testing for complex user applications.
- Experience deploying applications to multiple operating system environments.
- Experience with privacy, compliance, and governance in the advertising space.
- 5+ years technical leadership experience in building business-critical and reliable systems.
- You are driven by the desire to solve hard technical problems with the goal of automating!
- You are self-motivated and love making an impact.
- You can work independently, delivering innovative solutions with minimal guidance.
- You have a successful track record of delivering results in complex cross-functional projects.
- You have a strong bias towards action.
Who We Are
At Gecko, our people are our greatest investment. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer company equity, 401(k) matching, gender-neutral parental leave, full medical, dental, and vision insurance, mental health and wellness support, ongoing professional development, family planning assistance, and flexible paid time off.
We believe that we do our best work when we’re together in person, and we’re committed to creating a culture of collaboration, innovation, and partnership. We ask our employees to be in the office 3 to 5 days per week, depending on the location and role. Our in-office benefits vary by location, but include catered lunch or lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, frequent employee events, and more.
Gecko is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our collective responsibility to uphold these values and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to join us in our mission to protect today’s infrastructure and give form to tomorrow’s. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law. If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your talents to support our critical mission, we’d love to hear from you.